Man I'm stupid.

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So the GOOD news is I'm getting my D300 back from the shop today. I'm wicked excited. I missed having it.

The BAD news is that in PART because I didn't have my D300 I basically passed up what was probably a slew of once-in-a-lifetime photographic opportunities this weekend.

I'm up here in the Northeast US, and as many of you know we got absolutely NAILED by an ice storm this past week. To give you an example of what I passed up, I was driving around and all I saw everywhere was darkness... with a BIG BRIGHT full moon, that was illuminating the ice on these skeletal trees everywhere around me.

No house lights, no car lights... just the moon glistening off these icy sticks forking into the sky... and I didn't go back and take them... because all I had was my D100 and I was annoyed because the D100 doesn't do night photography all that well.

Granted, I also was a bit leery of doing it because I was afraid I'd get killed when some oncoming car didn't see me until too late and then locked up on the brakes and slammed into me, but still... no risk, no reward, right?

Anyway, I'm getting my D300 back today. :)

Im not sure stupid is the right word. **** out of luck or bad timing would be closer to the truth. I remember driving along I-44 many times after an ice storm on moon lit nights and the white light passing through all that ice is an amazing sight.

Homer.jpg

It happens...........

Surely there is much more that happens in the day-to-day to feel stupid about. Speaking for myself, of course. :lol:

Murphy's law. It's perfectly normal.

It still sucks though! :lol:

Im not sure stupid is the right word. **** out of luck or bad timing would be closer to the truth. I remember driving along I-44 many times after an ice storm on moon lit nights and the white light passing through all that ice is an amazing sight.

hehe, yeah it was amazing. There was just this one tree that REALLY struck me... of course, one thing is I bet it would have been hard to capture the light through the branches AND the moon without overexposing the moon.

Homer.jpg

It happens...........

Surely there is much more that happens in the day-to-day to feel stupid about. Speaking for myself, of course. :lol:

haha... homer... perfect. :lol: And yeah, I do stupid stuff all day, but photography stupid stuff is really special! :)

Some things are meant just for us to see.

Or maybe it's a queue that I also need to learn how to paint. :)

has all the ice melted?

Oh yes... it's like 58 right now. It's been pretty warm all day... which is a godsend for people who STILL don't have power since they can worry a bit less about their pipes freezing for one day AND they can actually be kinda comfortable in their homes.

hahah, don't feel bad. I'm sitting inside right now avoiding an ice storm. I avoided leaving the house all day today, and made sales calls/marketing bs.. when I went to the store for smokes, I cursed myself for not wearing skates. god damned ice.

EDIT: BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, about 5-10 minutes after I posted this reply, a tree branch invited itself into my bedroom via the window. HAHAH, luckily, I was having a smoke with the window somewhat open, and it just tore the screen all to hell. Rather ironic though bahaha. *lights flickr* This is a hell of a storm (in Montreal, QC)

Last edited:
^^^ wow. I wonder if its the same storm system that hit us. Be careful!

Same here, but not the storm:

Sold my Olympus 40-150 kit lens, was 3 days away from an Olympus 50-200 2.8-3.5(!) and of course the largest full moon of the year, when the moon is closest to us the entire year, is in that short span.

A good reason for having more than one camera. I have 3 digitals and 2 film cameras which I use regularly. I have access to other cameras which I do not use as often.

skieur

Well you will be having more coming your way. All the stuff we have will bless you too. And thats not stupid. Stupid is leaving your camera at home and, having something worth shooting come up.

Not to worry... sometimes the feces strikes the rotary air displacement device and we miss out on things. It would bug me too, but there are more important things to concentrate on... like making sure that your family is safe and secure (which I am sure you are doing). :)

Chris, we're supposed to get hammered again tomorrow (Friday) and again on Sunday, so, even though it won't be that rare and pretty clinging ice, you may get some good snow shots..

Most reactions

Back