Man, it was HOT today...and I rode 50 miles

Not Neve

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
It must've hit 85 degrees today and we rode 50 miles on our bicycles! It was not pleasant! I didn't eat nearly enough cause it was too hot. Somehow I made it the 50 miles. And the hills weren't as bad as I would've expected.

Next Saturday is our scheduled 70 miles. It better not be as hot!!!

Four weeks til STP (Seattle to Portland).

And my butt isn't even sore! (Now, I'm sure you wanted to know that!)

P.S., Mindy, don't ya love my avatar? :)

Good job! Sounds like your training is progressing right on schedule!

Hope next weekend is more pleasant weather-wise for ya!

We've been having a monster heat wave the last couple of weeks also (90-95 almost every day with 70%+ relative humidity).

But I didn't ride a bicycle 50 miles through it, tho! ;)

Good job, Sands!! Let me know if you want to get together when you're down. I only live a couple minutes from St Johns Park, isn't that where it ends?

Yeah, I didn't want to mention the new avatar. ;)

Not Neve said:
It must've hit 85 degrees today and we rode 50 miles on our bicycles!

Does this mean that it was all done using the human body?
What do you think gasoline was invented for?
Man, I only wish that I could even attempt something like that, youth is wasted on the young!

Min, the finish line is actually at Holladay Park this year. If it's nice weather you should come out!

Mr. Sid, with the price of gas I can't afford to drive. No, seriously, somewhere along the way I thought it would be good to ride my bike to Portland, again!

Mark, you have some of the most beautiful photos of sunny beaches! No complaints from you about the weather!

I'm impressed! 50 miles would probably kill me, and I'm in fair bike-shape by now. Atlanta summers make it hard to keep the ol' bike butt in shape, though - I kill myself April-May, and right about the time my muscles aren't screaming anymore, it's suddenly 90+ degrees with 80% humidity. Ain't no way I'm riding in THAT. :p

Forgive me while I brag for a minute.....

Tonight we went for a 20 mile ride. I had my best average ever! It may not sound like much to some but I averaged 14 MPH. Seriously, I'm not fast but I'm consistent. I'm not fast but I'm determined! In my past years of training for the big ride I'm training for, I never averaged that much!

:D

Not Neve said:
It must've hit 85 degrees today and we rode 50 miles on our bicycles! It was not pleasant! I didn't eat nearly enough cause it was too hot. Somehow I made it the 50 miles. And the hills weren't as bad as I would've expected.

Next Saturday is our scheduled 70 miles. It better not be as hot!!!

Four weeks til STP (Seattle to Portland).

And my butt isn't even sore! (Now, I'm sure you wanted to know that!)

I'm exhausted even reading the post about it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back