Man this sucks!

tr0gd0o0r

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got back from the camera shop with some of the worst news I've heard in a while. I got this brands new pentax *istD for christmas right? Well after about 10 shots, the internal flash stopped working, tried new batteries, didn't work. I figured I prolly screwed something up so i went ot the camera shop to see if they could fix it. NOPE, he told me to get the receipt and bring it back and I could he get started on getting me a replacement.

THis wouldn't be such a big deal, except the istd has a really cool wireless compatability w/ my flash and it will activate the built in flash and the external together

I've been checking out that Pentax and internal flash failure is one of the problems mentioned.

*update* went to the camera shop today. He's sending it back to pentax for me. I'll either be getting a replacement in a few weeks or it'll be back fixed in a bout a month, so he said.

tr0gd0o0r said:
*update* went to the camera shop today. He's sending it back to pentax for me. I'll either be getting a replacement in a few weeks or it'll be back fixed in a bout a month, so he said.

I woulda just took it back to the store and got a new one right away. :0) But not all stores do that, thats the good thing about Future shop and Best buy. 1 month money back guarantee.

thats essentially what I did, except since the camera is pretty espensive they don't exactly keep more than one in stock so they don't have one to exchange it with. Also they have to get authorization from pentax to exchange it or they could be out some serious cash.

Well its been a month to the day (well almost) since I started this thread and guess what. I finally got my camera back today. In the mean time, I won a 2X magnifier, 135mm lens, and a 50mm (can't wait to get it in). I think i'm going ot be having a lot of fun in the near future.

Congratulations!
I hope all is well with it in future and let's be seeing some pics!

Glad you finally got it resolved.

I bought a t-mount for the *istD so I could use my 500mm mirror I bought last summer. That should be interesting. Think I can hand-hold a f/8 750mm lens? Sure I can! You won't be able to identify anything in the pic, but I can hand-hold it, no problemo! :lol:

I just picked up a minolta 135mm f2.8 lens with a 1A warming filter both in great shape for $35 at a camera store. Pretty good deal :headbang:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back