Man vs. nature

Tigershark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The "Maid of the Mist" battling against the Niagara River.

Maid of the Mist vs. Niagarafälle1.jpg

Maid of the Mist vs. Niagarafälle3.jpg

I like your choice of b&w for these. I prefer the first shot but I think the boat is a bit too close to the edge. That 2nd shot - I'm wondering how it would look in portrait orientation with the boat in the lower left to emphasize the height of the falls.

I like your choice of b&w for these. I prefer the first shot but I think the boat is a bit too close to the edge. That 2nd shot - I'm wondering how it would look in portrait orientation with the boat in the lower left to emphasize the height of the falls.
I like the udea of this crop

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

My preference is the first shot, as-shown. Shot #2 I am less keen on as a wide; perhaps as SquarePeg suggested, cropping #2 to a vertcial might improve or intensify the shot.

I like it. If I ever get there, I'll be looking for a similar shot. What lens were you shooting with? Is there much of the falls cut off at the top? I would love to see this with the full height of the falls on display.

I like it. If I ever get there, I'll be looking for a similar shot. What lens were you shooting with? Is there much of the falls cut off at the top? I would love to see this with the full height of the falls on display.

Thank you!
It was taken with a Canon 70-200 f4.0 L on 200mm.
I'm sorry, but there's no shot where you could see the edge of the falls...but it's very close to the top right corner. I'd say it's just a few feet missing.
Picture was taken standing on the canadian side of the falls under a pavilion close to the stairs where you go down to the "Maid of the Mist".

Nice shots.. not a perspective of the falls I see very often.

I live near buffalo so I'm about 30 minutes from the falls, though they're not really photogenic from the American side.. although admittedly I've never tried because I loathe the idea of looking like a tourist with a camera there haha.. something about having grown up in close proximity to it.

You did a GREAT job of cropping that second shot into a powerful picture. Way to go!

Most reactions

Back