Manfrotto video head 502ah panning tension problem

punkmanmatthew

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have this video head. I've barely used it. It's still like new but somehow the red panning tension ring for the fluid drag system is completely stuck. I and others can't twist it whatsoever. We tried to use a strap wrench but it won't budge. I twisted it all the way to the plus side to make the panning tighter and didn't turn it too hard at all and it just got completely stuck. The very bottom of the head now spins very loosely. There is no tension and it will Pan completely loosely now. The red ring is completely stuck and the very bottom which rotates is completely loose.

I have no idea where to post this. I can't find any answers on google. I found one person who had the issue but there was no answer.

Any help would be awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not yet. Going to call them tomorrow sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heyyy did you fix solve this ? I just biughy the 502ah head from amazon and im getting the same, red ring a thr bottom stuck, the one below the red loosen , the red doesnt move either side

Heyyy did you fix solve this ? I just biughy the 502ah head from amazon and im getting the same, red ring a thr bottom stuck, the one below the red loosen , the red doesnt move either side

I'm new and trying to teach myself video and photography, though I joined these boards specifically to address this after finding this thread in my own Google search.

I recently bought the 502ah on Amazon also and the red pan ring was absolutely stuck on arrival. After calling Amazon "expert" help, it was decided that I would try and work it loose before asking for a return, and in my case, a large adjustable wrench (with cloth over the ring) did the trick.

Whether this problem will recur I have no idea. But it does seem that the ring sticking problem is a known issue that can be resolved by brute force without breaking it.

I have nothing to compare it to, but the panning on this seems fiddly and inconsistent in general. The tilt is great.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back