Mannequin portraiture

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Few things give me more photo-pleasure than stumbling upon vintage mannequins and shooting them. I found these in a rural agricultural museum here in Manitoba. Some people find the images funny, some others think they are creepy, and I think it's a little bit of both :)

1. Emily
p333852752-4.jpg

2. Emily Extreme Close-up (all-natural Canadian beauty)
p192538592-5.jpg

3. Til Death Do Us Apart
p362655931-4.jpg

Hope you enjoyed them!

Pretty cool--Inspiring actually. I like the second one the best.

#1, backgroung is too distracting...to busy.
#2 is very cool! I love the creativity behind the shots... But the second really just really nailed it for me.
#3 is neat,but the amount of light I find a little distracting from the subjects , imo.
Thanks for sharing. :)

I like the background in 1, the laid out table, explains why "Emily" is wearing that apron! :D

Uh,... is it just me, or does anyone else think Emily is just a little bit hot? Heheheh... Those Canadian mannequins, I'll tell you...

Pretty cool--Inspiring actually. I like the second one the best.
Thanks, Walter. I wasn't happy with #2 at first --it doesn't look like what I had envisioned when I pressed the shutter. After seeing people's reactions, I started thinking that it might still be a nice shot :)

#1, backgroung is too distracting...to busy.
It was a tough call when deciding how to approach this scene. The background is indeed a bit busy, but at the same time this was kind of an environmental portrait so I needed a discernible background. A lower f-stop would've given me a cleaner background, but you wouldn't have been able to tell what everything was.

#2 is very cool! I love the creativity behind the shots... But the second really just really nailed it for me.
Thank you.

#3 is neat,but the amount of light I find a little distracting from the subjects , imo.
Thanks for sharing. :)
Another tough call. This was the only angle that allowed me to get both "models" and the look that she's giving him. Since the only light source was the window, it was either this or nothing :)
Thanks for the detailed feedback, PF.

I like the background in 1, the laid out table, explains why "Emily" is wearing that apron! :D
Thank you, Corinna :)

Uh,... is it just me, or does anyone else think Emily is just a little bit hot? Heheheh... Those Canadian mannequins, I'll tell you...
You're not the first to fall for Emily. She is indeed on the hot side, and has this irresistible evil look :lol:

Love #1, the background perfectly explains Emily's clothing.

#2 is nice, but the noise is very noticeable and distracting, unfortunately. Fortunately, Emily won't mind a re-shoot :lmao:

#3 Maybe a faster shutter speed? Or, did you do this for effect?

Love #1, the background perfectly explains Emily's clothing.
Thank you :)

#2 is nice, but the noise is very noticeable and distracting, unfortunately. Fortunately, Emily won't mind a re-shoot :lmao:
The grain was added in post for effect. I'd love to shoot with Emily some more, but she lives an hour or two from my place :)

#3 Maybe a faster shutter speed? Or, did you do this for effect?
Not sure what you're referring to. Why would I need a faster shutter speed? The models weren't really moving that fast :) A faster shutter speed would've resulted in almost-complete loss of detail on the male model's suit, and darkened facial features on both models as well.

Most reactions

Back