Manteno - Community Room

CarpexNoctem

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another shot from my visit to Manteno State Hospital. I don't know a whole lot of history about the place, but I think this room was used as kind of a community/socializing area for the patients, as well as a solar therapy room (hence all the windows. Though there's a lot more sunlight getting in nowadays than there was 20 + years ago lol)

Oh, and ignore the graffiti on the walls in there lol. Unavoidable in that old building, I'm afraid. Time and teenagers have taken their toll lol.

MantenoStateMentalHospital-Communit.jpg

C&C welcome.​

Haha, looks like the UE bug bit you :) Nice shot, lights a bit strong but I like the site already. You plan on going back? If so, get some morgue and admin. shots! Love to see more.

There were two alsylums me and a buddy were going to go hit, Danver's before it got replaced with yuppie housing *sigh*, and Hudson State Lunatic Facility; now office space. Guess I was too late...but was working 70 hour weeks.

If you do get some really good shots, I have a Abandoned Places thread if you want to put some up there. Do they plan on demoing this site anytime soon?

Heya ^^

Thanks for the comment lol. And yeah the light IS pretty strong in this picture. But for some reason I liked the shot -shrugs-. I'll always be goin back to Manteno lol, even though it's kind of a trip for me, I love it far as photography goes out there. I'm also part of a paranormal group (yes.. Like TAPS. Except less fake lol) and I've done several investigations there over the past.. eh 5 - 6 years I've been doin it. Pretty interesting place.

Unfortunately the morgue is gone, went with the Singer Building when they tore it down. That same building had the infirmary, all the surgery/exam rooms, etc in it. And before they did demolish it, they were finding patients' clothes, diaries, doctor's/nurse's notes, toys (used for therapy with children) and all kinds of things. They saved some of it and kept it in a small museum of the hospital. There's a good website online (don't know the addy off the top of my head) but if you google "The Manteno Project", you should find the main page. Has a bunch of history, some of the artifacts, pictures of it now and then, etc.

Danvers? I read about that place lol. Was wishing I could've seen it, too before they remodeled it. Didn't know what they did with it till ya said (oy) but I knew it wasn't accessible anymore lol. Hudson State I haven't heard of..

And They've been saying they were gonna tear Morgan Building down for a long time now (over 3 years) but haven't yet. They just continue to reboard the windows/doors etc. when the local teenagers break in lol. There are other abandoned buildings on the hospital Campus, a lot of em now are offices, one's a school and another one's part of the Illinois Veteran's Home. But there is one Massive building still empty (Dunno what that used to be..) and Morgan, that are accessible if you have the key (aka Crowbar) lol. The campus itself has housing and that sort of thing back there, and the biggest building out of all of them is a bank nowadays. So a lot's been torn down/remodeled. But there is some of the original stuff left.

Two of the most said to be 'scariest explores': Danvers and Hilltop. Check out these links sometime:
Danvers: http://www.danversstateinsaneasylum.com/home.html Said to be haunted by the abused patients...bah. W/E with that....

And Hilltop AKA Haverford State Asylum: http://www.angelfire.com/realm3/wardc/

All the history of the sites and how the patients were treated and abused by the staff. Before most of the sites were demolished they were great explores. Now Hilltop is home to a yuppie suberb. :x

Cheers!

Wow..what a place. Hope to see more soon. Really love abandoned places, and I would love to visit this one. :thumbup::thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back