Mantis Shrimp!

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We caught a whole bunch of these guys in Narragansett Bay yesterday, so naturally I took one home and photographed it. I have plenty of the full animal (unedited, though), but I just thought this detail shot came out well.

_RSP5399 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Thoughts?

Jake

Love the color and detail. I find myself wishing the bottom half were there.

Love the color and detail. I find myself wishing the bottom half were there.

Haha this is only like 1/8th of the animal. I'll share a full-length picture later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, amazing detail. I look forward to seeing the whole thing.

Yup, amazing detail. I look forward to seeing the whole thing.

Thanks! The Nikon 105 Micro VR is an incredibly sharp lens. And I'm loving the light shaping ability I have with these Profoto lights. The biggest difference I notice is the convenience of having a modeling light--I can see how the light works before I actually fire it.

Jake

We caught a whole bunch of these guys in Narragansett Bay yesterday, so naturally I took one home and photographed it. I have plenty of the full animal (unedited, though), but I just thought this detail shot came out well.

_RSP5399 by f_one_eight, on Flickr

Thoughts?

Jake
So they do taste like lobster?

Interesting macro. Being landlocked, these are not something I can go and catch any day of the week. I can hardly wait to see what the whole beast looks like.

I'll bet they taste like chicken! :biglaugh:

WesternGuy

Kinda freaky cool.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Isn't it? I had it setup and was looking at the tail and was like "ooooooooh what a perfect detail shot!!"

Jake

Most reactions

Back