manual or aperture priority?

In whatever mode is appropriate for the occasion. Manual (usually) in the studio, aperture priority (often) for events & out of doors work, shutter-priority when motion control is critical, and leave bodies in 'Auto' when not in use, so that if I have to grab and get the shot, I've got a decent chance of actually getting it.

In whatever mode is appropriate for the occasion. Manual (usually) in the studio, aperture priority (often) for events & out of doors work, shutter-priority when motion control is critical, and leave bodies in 'Auto' when not in use, so that if I have to grab and get the shot, I've got a decent chance of actually getting it.
I agree 100% i havent really used shutter priority much. Would you consider that mode for sports moving subjects....exc. and i have not used Program mode at all. Not really experienced with that yet

I shoot wildlife and mostly birds so manual with auto ISO works best for me.

Allows me to choose the the shutter and aperture I want and leave the exposure to the camera which I also normally leave in spot or centre average.

I shoot wildlife and mostly birds so manual with auto ISO works best for me.

Allows me to choose the the shutter and aperture I want and leave the exposure to the camera which I also normally leave in spot or centre average.
I shoot Raw but i was always a little scared to shoot with auto ISO.

Manual always,but whatever works best for you!

Leave the camera in Program mode most of the time. Right hand thumb wheel turn left to select shutter speed or turn right to select f/stop (program shift function). ISO set and locked to base (200) and never changed. Otherwise I make constant use of the EC control which is a nice big knob on the top of the camera. That keeps it simple so that between EC and the program shift function I get the exposure I want.

Joe

I use them all and depends on camera I'm using as well. I even use certain auto scene modes depending on camera. Good example is the monochrome mode on my Coolpix P7100. It is very flexible. It offers minimum post work as I can adjust various settings in camera, on the fly.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

A when I want to control depth of field.
M when I want to control motion blur.

What? I always use P. That's professional mode right?:apple:

Always depends on the situation. I shoot a lot with AV. There's times where Manual mode is just a pain in the a$$. An outdoor sports event when the sun is setting for example. If you have to spend all your time pushing dials and clicking buttons your going to miss action.

If you're not in a controlled environment there's no such philosophy as "I always" when it comes to choosing a mode.

Most reactions

Back