Manual White balance issue with prime lenses

sincere

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I used my prime lense 50mm 1.4 for this shot but because the lense didnt, couldnt zoom to the wall(because of the distance i guess) and take a shot of the plain white wall in order to set my manual white balance, i stood in front of the wall it so it has something to zoom on and then i changed the WB to manual.

This is what came out:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b57/drunkenmasta/papowbsmall2.jpg

To my surprise, it came out cool but the blueish, i doubt it was supposed to come out this way. Right? I tried to use a white sheet of paper because of the distance but the lense also couldnt focus and fire a pic. Then i also thought about how different the result might be if i dont use the white that will actually appears in the picture.

Your 0,02$ please.

no, it is not supposed to look like this!

did you shoot in raw? then you could not just select manual WB in the converter, click on the white wall.. and wohaa, it would be white and you could start fine-tuning.

since white walls are not always available... you could also get a grey card to determine WB in advance to the shot.

no, it is not supposed to look like this!

did you shoot in raw? then you could not just select manual WB in the converter, click on the white wall.. and wohaa, it would be white and you could start fine-tuning.

since white walls are not always available... you could also get a grey card to determine WB in advance to the shot.

yeah i shot it in raw and i tried to do the manual white balance on the camera, not in Lightroom. Then the other problem is that i tried to use the wall and a piece of paper to have the white balance set but it wouldnt shoot a pic, the lense kept on trying to focus..what do i doaboutthat?

Did you try switching to manual focus to set white balance on the paper, then switch back to auto when you are ready to shoot? Also, was the wall really white? If it was a subtle off-white or beige it would shift the color temp more blue, but I would not really expect the results that you got.

You don't have to focus on anything. Put the camera in manual, fill the frame with something neutral, and get 1 good exposure.

OR

Click 1 time in your raw editor and be done with it.

Yeah, if i dont need to see wtf i am doing on the spot(in detail) then i will do it afterwards..One thing though, i do like the way the pic/s came out:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back