Manzanita

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This shot is a composite of a series of 3 photos over a 2-3 minute period. The sun rose and broke through the fog/clouds, and was hitting the trunks of these twisted up, red-trunked, manzanita trees. I generated an HDR and...

600-manzanita.jpg

I'm looking for wild colors, in a 'just nearly beyond reality,' theme.

I appreciate your thoughts, good, bad, or indifferent.

I like it, nice wacky colours

Thanks. The colors are pretty earthly though, as the tree/shrub has a very distinctive dark red/red trunk. The sunrise light hits these things and with the light green leaves things just go wild. Once this insane holiday weekend is over and things calm down, I'll head back up there and reshoot.

Here's some botanical profile;

Habitat: Usually in dry areas; often on slopes and in canyons; mixed with hardwoods and/or conifers; California.

Stature: A shrub or shrub-like tree; to 20 feet high; trunks to 6 inches in diameter; branches spreading outwards.

Leaves: Evergreen; to 2 inches long; unlobed; not toothed; pale green.

Bark: Dark red-brown; smooth.

Fruit: A small white to reddish brown berry.

Great stuff got to try some hdr myself soon!

Thanks stc9357 and Ab$olut. I'm finding I'm having a lot of fun converting time-lapse type sunrises and sunsets to hdr. Even shots I took a few years ago take on a new look running them through the process.

This is great! I love the colours! It almost looks like a scene from war of the worlds with the "blood" vines

Most reactions

Back