Don Kondra

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
donkondra.weebly.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings,

This is a recently completed commission. (at some point I will work on the backdrop :) )

The client was redoing their kitchen countertops with granite and wanted to have their kitchen table match. The top is to be 3' x 6'.

Finish is black gesso and sprayed lacquer.

Just to make things interesting the client did not want a bottom stretcher, this is usually used for strength and to keep the table from racking or shaking.

The solution was to use a double half lap joint with shoulders and to create leg blanks with a lock mitre joint.

Once the joints are assembled the table is absolutely rigid...

Cheers, Don

Beautiful joinery!

Indeed...craftsmanship...where did it disappear to? Oh wait...it was last seen heading out the door with a $20 bill in its hand...

Beautiful joinery!

Thank you..

WOW! :shock: That's friggin' amazing Don!

Thanks John :)

Indeed...craftsmanship...where did it disappear to? Oh wait...it was last seen heading out the door with a $20 bill in its hand...

:)

How many hours in that from start to finish Don?

60 hours of work Not counting design time. That total does include creating a full size drawing though...

Cheers, Don

Incredible work. If I had the space I would have taken up woodworking instead of photography. I find the whole process intriguing.

Very nice work! Lovely!

table is gorgeous.
Unless it is sitting on a deep grey background paper, I think the original photo is unerexposed quite a bit.

Just to point out, this thread is several months old... it was dug up by a [now banned] spam-bot.

Most reactions

Back