Marbles

LittleMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sorberaguitars.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Now that the competition is over I want to know what I could have done to make it any better..... any thoughts?
photo05%7E1.jpg

Larger version here:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/LittleMan723/14120333large.jpg

Thanks in advance for all your comments. :)

ooOoOoo... pretty :)

the only thing that i can think of that irks me (and i have no fix or suggestion) is the top left corner seems empty... no detail, no nothing... it's just barren... but the shadows, the texture on the floor, the light reflecting through the marbles is just brilliant!

the spacing between the marbles looks off if im correct?
maybe try an even spacing between them and see how the pic turns out
just something i would try
amazing pic tho!
*im new too, cant wait till spring to try this out :)*

AquaCan said:
the spacing between the marbles looks off if im correct?
maybe try an even spacing between them and see how the pic turns out
just something i would try
amazing pic tho!
*im new too, cant wait till spring to try this out :)*
are you talking about the large gap after the second marble? If so, than that was intentional... The rest ARE spaced exactly the correct distance from each other.... I made sure of it.

I tried a pic with more DOF and it didn't look as good as this one.

oh right on didnt know... happy shooting!
p.s did you try even spacing between the marbles? im curious to know what it looks like

AquaCan said:
p.s did you try even spacing between the marbles? im curious to know what it looks like
I left the marble missing because I was shooting it for the "Imperfection" contest. The reason the rest of them look closer together as they get farther away is because it's an optical illusion...

I would have cropped it slightly higher at bottom and slightly wider on left. One other thing the marble 4th from the end is kicked out slightly showing up a bit more in the shadow. How's that for nitpickn'

Thanks guys..... you are right ducky, I probably should have worked on the "over exposed" parts of the photo... I didn't really think about that... lol

One thing perhaps you could try is to shoot the same composition earlier in the day or later in the day. You will then get more elongated shadows, and considering the contrast of those shadows to the perfectly round marbles, it would complement the 'imperfect' theme.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back