• MarchPhoto79

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MarchPhoto80

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MarchPhoto81

Votes: 2 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think you also have to be a member for 10 days too... I have over 25 posts and I am still not eligible to vote, I joined on March 26, but I am still not eligible... oh well

You'll have more time to consider your choice. The poll opened yesterday and will be open for seven days, so we should both qualify in time to vote. My favourite photo in the competition doesn't say "Simplicity" to me, so I haven't made up my mind yet.

I didn't vote for mine this time, or last time, and I think I didn't do the month before. I voted for mine one month, and I was winning by five or six votes for a while, but then someone just stormed on past me in like, a day. I only voted for mine because I really thought it was the best that month.

I think I read somewhere that you need 25 posts for eligibility. I'm hoping to squeeze in.

I think you also have to be a member for 10 days too... I have over 25 posts and I am still not eligible to vote, I joined on March 26, but I am still not eligible... oh well
Bummer. Well, I would have voted for... EDIT: never mind. I missed the part about not discussing it with anyone until after the voting has been completed.

I'm not at all trying to discredit anybody or their talents or "giftedness", but I tend to have a hard time seeing "simplicity" in several of these pictures......I know that when it come to interpritation, everybody has their own. I just don't see it in some of these pictures. I actually see "complication" in a few. Again, I'm not trying to dog anyone or their pictures, I just wonder if anyone else see's what I see. If not, just tell me I'm off the mark here, it won't hurt my feelings, I promise.

Lot's of good pics though, I had a hard time choosing.....I didn't choose mine either....

I'm not at all trying to discredit anybody or their talents or "giftedness", but I tend to have a hard time seeing "simplicity" in several of these pictures......I know that when it come to interpritation, everybody has their own. I just don't see it in some of these pictures. I actually see "complication" in a few. Again, I'm not trying to dog anyone or their pictures, I just wonder if anyone else see's what I see. If not, just tell me I'm off the mark here, it won't hurt my feelings, I promise.

Lot's of good pics though, I had a hard time choosing.....I didn't choose mine either....

I agree...there are a lot that do not say "simplicity" to me at all. I guess that's where people's interpretations differ.

WOW there are so many good pics. I never thought simplicity could be interpreted so many ways.

Given all the talent that is present on this board I fully expected to see many more entries.... I guess some don't enter for whatever reason.

I doubt I'll get a vote either... not because my photo is bad... but because there are so many more appropriate representations of the "Simplicity" theme.

I've been wondering though... just how many people are voting for the best photo and not paying attention to the theme that the photo was supposed to represent?

Not me, I voted for the one I thought represented the theme the best. :D

Good luck to everyone who entered... hopefully I'll get just one vote! ;)

ttfn
CDL.

Given all the talent that is present on this board I fully expected to see many more entries.... I guess some don't enter for whatever reason.

I doubt I'll get a vote either... not because my photo is bad... but because there are so many more appropriate representations of the "Simplicity" theme.

I've been wondering though... just how many people are voting for the best photo and not paying attention to the theme that the photo was supposed to represent?

Not me, I voted for the one I thought represented the theme the best. :D

Good luck to everyone who entered... hopefully I'll get just one vote! ;)

ttfn
CDL.

I looked at all the photos and found the ones that I thought best represented simplicity. Then out of those I voted for the photo that I thought best represented simplicity but it also had to be a good shot as well. I'm not going to vote for an obvious representation of simplicity that is a technically flawed photo. It still has to be a fundamentally good photo IMO.

I agree...there are a lot that do not say "simplicity" to me at all. I guess that's where people's interpretations differ.

Yes, and it is quite obvious nobody felt the same interpritation of simplicity as I did of my picture. No votes......the tell all:er:

I look at all the photos and choose my favourite. Then if I decide if it fits the theme. If it doesn't, I choose my next favourite and decide whether it satisfies the theme. In this case I had to discount my favourite, but I can see Simplicity in my next two favourites, so I'll go with one of them.

What about artistic vs technical merit? I imagine since this is a photo forum that the technical side would have much greater weight than it would to most people. The general populace would be more concerned with what the image is trying to say or how pretty or unusual it is and have no concern with histograms or chromatic aberration. Does the photo have to be technical perfection to get your vote?

I give the most weight to artistic value. The photo has to be passably technical, but not flawless.

its really a tossup
but i mean, something could be perfectly exposed and have sharpness exactly where it needs to be but if it doesnt fit the theme its not getting my vote
i voted for what is saw as simplistic, creative, and well shot

(also, sweet i got a vote =D)

Yeah, my fav image did not fit 'simplicity' and so I went with the one I thought matched that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back