Margaret (56k)

KenCo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.takingthepic.com
Just a few from a 3 hour location shoot with Margaret.

_MG_6514-Edit%20copy.jpg

_MG_6520-Edit.jpg

_MG_6522-Edit%20copy.jpg

_MG_6527-Edit.jpg

I'll post others later if any interest.
TFL.
Ken.

In all the pictures the rim cuts across the subject's eyeballs. That is something to avoid for those wearing glasses.

Just a question, did you do many other locations besides this ledge?

They all look nice and i really like the color, but the photoshoped blur looks a little fake in some places

Nice work - I'll submit a couple of comments from the Department of Nitpickery...

#1 - The highlights on her arms and the back of her shirt are a little strong for my liking.

#2 - Perfect except for the glasses.

#3 - Perfect except for the glasses

#4 - The position of the glasses is better in this one, however there's a nasty hue caused by the protective coating on the right lens.

A very attractive lady, with very pretty eyes; why not try a re-shoot without the glasses?

Thanks very much for the comments.....

In all the pictures the rim cuts across the subject's eyeballs. That is something to avoid for those wearing glasses.
Nothing positive to say? For reference, below is what I posted on another forum. I did not go in to these details here as I only ever tend to get 2 or 3 comments in this section of the forum for some reason.....and did not think it would be worth the effort.

KenCo said:
I was asked last week if I would do a location shoot with two models......well, I say models, this was a first for them too. Although I hadn't met them i agreed to it, not much in the way of details and ending with "we'll be in touch". Never heard anything and thought it wasn't going to happen when Tuesday evening I got a phone call asking if I could do it on the Wednesday.....Short notice and they didn't have a location in mind, and the only place I could think of was Tanfield railway (yeah I know, again). Anyway, I contacted Tanfield railway to see if permission would be granted and I have to say they were absolutely fantastic about it. They allowed us total freedom, on the tracks, in the engine sheds and to clamber about the old carriages as we wish (as long as we were careful of course), They even offered to make us cups of tea :thumbs:.

Anyway, this was a first for all of us and they were brilliant in front of the camera. I wasn't expecting getting too much but really pleased with how the day went. We spent three hours and about three gigs worth of shots....I know I really enjoyed myself and they want to do it again in a few weeks time (even though they haven't seen any shots yet). I've had a quick look through the shots and got some canny ones I think, only processed a couple though.

All releases have been signed, so I think it's okay to post one or two.....And I'll post others later.

Margaret......
Maybe a bit too yellow, used a gold reflector. Pretty much straight out of camera and only sharpening applied during resize to hair eyes and mouth.

Obviously any comments on how to better these for the next time would be greatly appreciated.

Just a question, did you do many other locations besides this ledge?
:lmao:Comedian eh! :playball: The title of the thread is "Margaret" not the location and to be fair I did say.....
I'll post others later if any interest.

They all look nice and i really like the color, but the photoshoped blur looks a little fake in some places
Thanks but the only one with any blur is the first.....I used the blur to create a glam glo kind of look, albeit on a much reduced opacity layer.

Nice work - I'll submit a couple of comments from the Department of Nitpickery...
#4 - The position of the glasses is better in this one, however there's a nasty hue caused by the protective coating on the right lens.

A very attractive lady, with very pretty eyes; why not try a re-shoot without the glasses?
Thanks very much for taking the time.....
I didn't know what the green on the glasses was due too and thought it may have been a reflection of my reflector.....I have 3 gigs worth of shots to go through and these are just some of the first off the card....I've got plenty without the glasses and will post others once I get round to processing them.
Thanks again.

I like #1, but would have also liked to see some shots without the glasses.
I'll post them soon.
Cheer for taking the time to comment.
Many thanks.
Ken.

^^ I wouldn't call that "something not positive to say"... It's actually a valid point and something to look out for next time you do a photo shoot :)

^^ I wouldn't call that "something not positive to say"... It's actually a valid point and something to look out for next time you do a photo shoot :)

Yeah, I agree and do apologise.....although it's not in the context I was meaning. Pretty much like you commenting on a comment on here and not the pics!

Haha I know :p
I like the series. They look quite nice. I'm being honest! :)

do all the blurring was made in PP??...

and please tell her she has lovely eyes... and that I LOOOOOVE her hair!!!...

please post more, you did a good job

Most reactions

Back