Mariachi

Sweetsomedays

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_0032.jpg

Shot this at Balboa park in color, enhanced, sharpened then changed it to B&W and softened the edges.
My first edit and first time turning something b&w....so?

Not too shabby. The angle is a little high though...as if he's probably not short enough already.

haha, what a good face and subject.

i agree about the angle though, and maybe it should be cropped off the top a little.

Ok...angle is most likely high cuz he was sitting in a chair. So next time I'm guessing the way to correct it would be to get at eye level?

He was adorable, every time he saw me taking his pic he smiled at me.

OK, the thing about the angle is one thing ... which could be debated.
The other is the fact that this is your first conversion and hey, I think you chose the very right subject to try your conversion techniques on and it worked fine! I like this one! He has enough light on his face and quite a bit of reflections going on in his glasses, which would normally distract me but not here (for some reason I don't even know myself).

What I like best is how you can see the strings vibrate. The only thing that is missing is the music ... we can already SEE it, though ;)!

Yep, the strings vibrating struck me as well. I like this a lot, only wish you had gotten just a LITTLE bit lower and hadn't chopped off the bottom of the guitar. I think you did a GREAT job on your first conversion, and chose a good subject for it.

Chopping important elements off my photo's seems to be a bad habit of mine. I really appreciate you making that observation so I can work on it.

Thank you for all the C&C :)

Most reactions

Back