marine city part 2

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by mentos_007, May 28, 2005.

1. mentos_007

mentos_007 The Freshmaker!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
  2. elsaspet

elsaspet TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like the first one better, Mentos. The color photo shows the subdued colors on the ship and the man pops right out of the picture. He is so vivid and compelling in the color shot.
    He's still compelling in the second one (nice conversion btw) but not as much so as in the first. Just my opinion.
    Good luck in the contest!
    PS I wish you would post more photos. You always take killer ones.

3. mentos_007

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you Elsaspet! I will post some more today, panoramas especially. I prefer the colour version of this one too... :) I think that b&w white lack something... :) But I'm waiting for more responses/critiques :)

4. John E.

John E. TPF Noob!

Very interesting photo. I will also go with the colour picture. In the b&w the mans face blends in to much with the ship. In the color photo I like the way the background color is washed out and the foreground is better exposed causing me to focus on the man , the background is a clue to his environment and his mood but does not override the subject. I thinks this is best picture so far in the series. I would try an ever so slight crop on the left and bottom just past the silverish crane and the same distance at the bottom. Very good photo in any case.

5. meotter

meotter TPF Noob!

i prefer the color one too. and this one fits better with the competition! good job :)

to not use the color in this photo would be a shame... so many colors that work well with each other, the blue of the sky & water, the black & red of the ship, the man, the green bag. it all just keeps you very interested

6. craig

craig TPF Noob!

Nice!!! This pensive man and the harbor says a lot to me. It is a little sad that he is just sitting there while the world goes on around him.

Technically I think the shot could use a lot more contrast.

7. Paparazzi Paul

Paparazzi Paul TPF Noob!

I agree the first one is better. Those soft pastel colors of the dockyards in the background really do add atmosphere with the must stronger colors of the subject.

Nice Work :drool:

8. mentos_007

Photos OK to edit
    thanks! So I'm going to print it and submit :) then I'll do more shooting... maybe I'll find something more interesting :)