Marketing Question of the Day 3-5-07

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by Jim Gratiot, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Jim Gratiot

Jim Gratiot TPF Noob!

Okay... suppose you're at the grocery store and you start talking with this lady who seems very interested in your photography services. She gives you her address and says, "Send me some more information about your business."

So, two-part question:

a) what marketing materials do you carry with you that you can give her/show her right there at the store, and

b) what marketing materials will you send to her later at her home?

2. darich

darich TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    if i was shopping then i'd be unlikely to have any equipment. And since i don't have business cards there isn't much i could give her on the store.

As for the items to send her, i'd send a selection of my images showing a good range of landscape, colours, mono, action and probably throw in a short slideshow on DVD with a few more images.
    I wouldn't mention money or my experience since it wasn't asked for.

3. AprilRamone

AprilRamone TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I would definitely give her a business card right there in the store. And if we were talking about children's photography I'd also give her a flyer that I have printed up advertising the children's photo contest that I'm running until June. In fact, I'd probably give that to her anyway in case she has any friends or family with children. Then, I'd get her email address and send her more information about my sessions and pricing. I'd probably not really mail anything unless she specifically asked. I'd try to email since it's faster and easier. Plus, then if I don't hear back from her right away, I can always send her friendly emails and updates which is cheaper and more convenient than sending mail.

4. jemmy

jemmy TPF Noob!

I would give a business card for sure and suggest she visit my website. If she was interested in weddings, I would mail out my 'wedding pack' which includes a sample photo/card, price list and package inclusions, plus a couple of friend's flyers who are also in the industry - a florist, a hairdresser and a videographer.

5. elsaspet

elsaspet TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I carry my cards, and sample DVD slideshows in my purse. I would send a complete folder later, which includes a contract for convenience.