Marketing

jor133d

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello.

I had a question about marketing. I am starting to take some senior graduation photographs and would like to do a mailing to parent of 11th grade students. I am sure the high school would not want to give out this information, so where else can I get it?

Thanks
Jordan

Maybe the school will allow a flyer to go home with each student. They send all sorts of other stuff home with them. Be friendly towards the office secretary, She can make it or break it for you.

It really matters where you are. I have heard of schools giving out mailing lists (personally, I think that is awfully careless of the school even if the parents did sign something at the beginning of the year) Mike's suggestion sounds right on par.

You may want to create a pamphlet from a few of your portfolio building shoots and then you will have something to show and draw some clients in.

My younger sister had a school directory so I sent a folded flyer in the summer to all of the 11th grade students in the directory. I only got one call from it. I also advertised in the school yearbook and didn't get any calls from that. Oh well!
A lot of high schools have a special program that you have to pay money to sign up and be a "recommended" photographer which will mention you when they send the seniors their info.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back