Mars...

Synergy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
As you may be aware Mars is very close to us at the moment and I’ve been trying to take pictures through my telescope of Mars and other things. I managed to get these two last night, not exactly Hubble space telescope standard but it’s a start! My scope is 5” Orion Starmax 127, I borrowed my friends Sony P5 digital camera.

What surprised me was how the auto focus on the P5 managed to work with this image, usually I lock the focus to infinity and use the scopes focus but because focus is so critical I focused as best I could with the scope and then on some shots turned AF on with surprisingly good results!

The third pic is of a double star called Albireo and forms the tip or beak of the constellation Cygnus (The Swan) and is a very pretty sight to see in an eyepiece as it consists of two stars orbiting each other, one gold and the other blue, however this shot doesn’t really do it justice, mainly because I didn’t have my scope perfectly aligned to compensate for the Earth’s rotation so it’s a little streaked, but these sort of shots are the reason why I’ve got into Photography, so hopefully with practice and patience I’ll improve!

mars.jpg

mars2.jpg

Albireo.jpg

Most reactions

Back