Mask Villian C&C

dak1b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took these with my canon ae-1 with Kodak 400 TN B&W film.

These are for a class project...self-portrait with B&W film. Here are my favorite out of the roll of 36. lemme know what you think.

C&C Welcome

1)
4969433743_66b5ec23bd_z.jpg

2)
4970045694_db60a827e8_z.jpg

3)
4970045316_0ae07884de_z.jpg

4)
4970040670_7212ba678a_z.jpg

5)
4969429019_5ca8287f6f_z.jpg

6)
4970040104_d56f2e2fd1_z.jpg

1: I like the concept but i feel it needs more isolation from the background and you are dead centre. I had a play with it, got rid of the tint, applied gaussian blur to the BG used some content aware fill for the left hand side and recropped and applied a vignette of sorts.

I will remove the result of how I see it looking if you request.

nt1eowh9.jpg

2: why landscape orientation? Tint doesnt work for me sorry. Maybe a little more isolation from the background as well.

3, 4 and 5 dont do much for me.

6 is cool.

I do like the concept of 5, I must say! But that photo would need to be better aligned, and it's a pity you cropped off your legs right at the knee. Must hurt. Hurts me!

#2 edit cropped. looks better in my opinion. more b&w looking and tighter crop.

4970616194_ab348bf961_z.jpg

1: I like the concept but i feel it needs more isolation from the background and you are dead centre. I had a play with it, got rid of the tint, applied gaussian blur to the BG used some content aware fill for the left hand side and recropped and applied a vignette of sorts.

I will remove the result of how I see it looking if you request.

nt1eowh9.jpg

2: why landscape orientation? Tint doesnt work for me sorry. Maybe a little more isolation from the background as well.

3, 4 and 5 dont do much for me.

6 is cool.

i love ur edit. anyway i could get that a size bigger?

ya for some reason when I was editing i accidentally turned sum slight tint on, went back and fixed all tint off.

Its as big as it was posted here dak1b, but here is a thought though, you love my edit of YOUR photo and I have supplied a fairly detailed instruction list of how I did it, so I will strike you a deal.

You give me access to a higher res version (preferably as scanned untouched, it was film after all?) and I will do the same edit to that version and give you back the results on the condition that you also have a go at doing it yourself as well, I enjoy editing and it gives me something other than my own stuff to work on and this condition will force you to maybe learn some new PP techniques with an end result to aim for that you know you already like.

So basically my edit will be the backup you wont need because you will have mastered it yourself ;)

Deal?

Its as big as it was posted here dak1b, but here is a thought though, you love my edit of YOUR photo and I have supplied a fairly detailed instruction list of how I did it, so I will strike you a deal.

You give me access to a higher res version (preferably as scanned untouched, it was film after all?) and I will do the same edit to that version and give you back the results on the condition that you also have a go at doing it yourself as well, I enjoy editing and it gives me something other than my own stuff to work on and this condition will force you to maybe learn some new PP techniques with an end result to aim for that you know you already like.

So basically my edit will be the backup you wont need because you will have mastered it yourself ;)

Deal?

sounds good..i know how to do all the pp you did except adding on to the left side... again nice edit. :mrgreen:

I use CS5 and I copied the image to a new layer, moved that layer to the right about a panels width, then Image, Reveal All, the new area exposed on the left I selected with the rectangular maquee tool then Image, Fill, check content aware is on and did it a few times.

You could also use the patch tool, clone stamp or simply select and area and copy it then flip it to randomise it, its going to be blurred anyway so as long as there is no obvious repititions you'll get away with it.

I love the last one. Where the heck are you?! Is that wall of photos in your house? It's way cool (the wall... and the picture).

its at the Exploratorium in San Francisco. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back