"Mass" update and resizing

Bokeh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tracymilburn.com
Hi,

I have like 150 photos I need to resize and add my "(c)" signature to. Is there a way I can do without having to iterate each and every one?? I'm using PhotoShop CS 8.0

Thanks

Make an action and go to file/automate/batch.

Are all the photos oriented the same way? i.e. Landscape or portrait? If not it will not work. You should seperate them into 2 folders then.

Digital Matt said:
Make an action and go to file/automate/batch.

Are all the photos oriented the same way? i.e. Landscape or portrait? If not it will not work. You should seperate them into 2 folders then.

Matt,

I went to file/automate/batch and I don't see anything about resizing; is that a plug-in? ALl I see is a list of things like vigenetting, wood frame, etc. There's something called "Play set" and it's on "Default actions.atn" and that's the only selection in the drop down. Thanks

Ryan, you have to make your own action to do it. Making an action is easy. On the actions pallete, create a new action, and name it accordingly. You can assign it to a funtion key if you want, like F5 or whatever. After you've set that up, it will record what you do, so resize your photo accordingly, and when you're done, press the stop button on the actions pallete. Now your action will show up in the batch dialogue.

Digital Matt said:
Ryan, you have to make your own action to do it. Making an action is easy. On the actions pallete, create a new action, and name it accordingly. You can assign it to a funtion key if you want, like F5 or whatever. After you've set that up, it will record what you do, so resize your photo accordingly, and when you're done, press the stop button on the actions pallete. Now your action will show up in the batch dialogue.

Got it! Thanks so much. Very powerful function.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back