Massachusetts state house

lkWinnipesaukee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This one I took totally by accident. Comments?
n1238670133_30060902_7032.jpg

Then these other ones I just took.

They were all taken with the EOS 650 and Promaster lens in my sig.

n1238670133_30060906_3440.jpg

n1238670133_30060907_3959.jpg

n1238670133_30060905_2940.jpg

n1238670133_30060903_1937.jpg

The last one I took kind of in a hurry. Besides the angle, any suggestions?

Thanks

Even though all are pretty, I think you are missing a focal point in each.
On the first for example, there are three major things......the sky, the plane, and the building cap, and all are equal.
This may have worked however, if the whole building, or most of it were photographed, with the bit of sky and the plane trails. That would make the building the focal point, with the sky and the plane trail interesting extras.

hmmm. Let me see.. this sorta looks familiar.

amazing how a photograph can make you cry!

whew.. ! dude.. your standing right, in my most hallowed spot!

your standing right where I grew up.. Joy street is the next street to the left of that building.. I spent countless thousands of hours right where your standing. the Boston Commons!
I gew up on Beacon hill.. Joy street, phillipps street..ridgeway lane. whew..
the boston commons is the absolute greatest place to walk around and take photographs. spend time there.. this is my most favorite place to take photographs from. I will post some soon in a thread called Boston Commons. look for it.
I can't see squat with all these tears.

#1.. the color is spectacular, a bit oversaturated maybe. but awesome color.
the composition however leaves me wondering..

#2 i just don't know how or what to say.. the light, is that your main point you want to draw peoples eyes to ?? or the building in the backgrond or the tree branches? do you get what I am trying to say ? a central point of focus is needed. perhaps it is the light.. that is what my eyes want to "rest' on.

#3 well .. I just don't believe what I am looking at. my goodness. I worked in that room.. I know it like the back of my hand.. and I will never forget it ever.. because a female architect had us put into that room 16 foot of flouresceent lights into a 15 foot wide room!
your composition oh yeah.. sorry.! comp is nice. but your tilting the camera back too much but it can be fixed when you print this image if you could indeed print by merley raising the font end of that easel and you can actually bend that wall back a bit.or straighen it..

I like the composition and especially the memories it brings back.

cram 16 feet into a 15 foot wide room.. ROFLMAO.. true true true.. we had to bust holes in the walls / ceiling and put the lights 6" or more into the wall it looked horrible. 12 foot of lights wold have looked much nicer.

#4 again.. it looks like your taking a pair of cutters and cutting the main part of your image out or cutting the photo into two and just showing us the top half.

#5 yes ! you figured it out exactly.. the angle, see the riders face ?

now you know where you should have been standing. just a little to the left or a little to the right. but head on , no and you know it, you said it..
the angle! other wise excellant shot. outstanding color(s)

SUGGESTIONS: you have no problem with your exposures. when you compose an image, if you have time.. THINK . is this what I want to show? or is there something else I should include or not include.

what can make this composition more interesting.. zoom out, zoom in?

but I can't help but say.. that some of your images look as though they have been cut in half and I am only seeing the top half. in other words.. I want to see more! your shots are very interesting but I want more!

see where your standing ? look (in your mind) to the left about 50 feet. see that park bench? http://majikimaje.com/read3.JPG

RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU is Beacon street, just to your left down at the botom of the hill is the intersection of Beacon, Arlington & Charles streets
CHEERS is located right there. I spent two weeks around the clock in those two manholes splicing high voltage cable.

dude.. thanks for the greatest birthday present ! anyone could have shown me!
Keep up the good work and practice what you have learned!

Most reactions

Back