mfacer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mattfacer.com
Hey,

I've been trying to make this photo

copy1.jpg

look more realisic - it's a picture of me and my girlfriend on our "first day" at primary school.... obviously they are from different photos and I've cut myself out and tried to match them up..... its not really working as well as hoped....

any tips?

here's an attempt... the problem is that the photo of myself is more colourful and "sharper" than that of Kim..... any ideas?!

copy2.jpg

thanks for any advice...

just mess with everything you can, hue, contrast. I'm sure you've done all that. If you cut it out again you can feather it a couple of pixles and that could help. Try a blur filter or something little to help the sharpness also.

Matching the colour is the easy part. From what I see, the real problems are perspective and lighting.

it looks like you're tipping/leaning forward because your picture was taken from above you.

And the shadows are wrong (there's no kinder way of putting it). Your's have to be darker and not quite so soft. I haven't tried it yet, but if you're using Photoshop CS, there is a command called "Match color". It may put you close to the girlfriend image.

Also try "Shadows/Highlights". Some of the highlights are close to blown, but it might help too.

Other than that, I'd recommend two pictures with similar light direction/consistency/etc (if possible).

You're too big. I see it mainly in the head. You need to shrink you a little. Boys are naturally shorter than girls at that age. Your knees should be even with hers or lower. :D

That's a really cute idea btw.

Along with the other stuff people have said, you need to resize your image, you also maybe want to try cutting yourself out again, using a bit more feathering. Also try droping a shadow behind you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back