Maternity Photo Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is she a "professional"?

That depends on your definition.
She has a website, pricing, and clients. To me, that is a professional photographer.

Is she a "good" professional photographer? That depends on your definition as well. Is she a good professional photographer for a little money? And how about the rest of us.....we've all come out with some pretty crappy stuff from time to time. Most of our crappy stuff came out when we first started.

I know you guys have problems with her excuses. I'm gonna try to help with that more from now on. She will be mentoring under me. We will whip her into shape....or at least try. I can do some, but she will have to help me. A lot of this will come down to her.

So lets say we just start the slate clean with Teresa, alright?

alright sounds good

yes i dont really consider myself a "professional" but yes i have a website, clients, and prices but a lot of the time i dont charge...that is what you guys dont know. i usually say "hey i will put it on your tab" (lol) or "hey, i will just charge you for the prints you want" just so i can get practice and photos for the portfolio. also, the last shoot i did of the teen girls (posted in here as well) were not paid for...i just did those for the heck of it.

Alrighty then....back to amature for you!!!! LOL
Actually Teresa, that might be a good place to be coming from for right now.
A little work on this and that, and you will get there.

Ok I stepped into something I so dont want to be involved in. I was being supportive and not stating the obvious and I get snapped at?

Professional? I am a noob and could take better photos with a generic disposiable camera from the gas station. Thats why I wouldnt call her professional. To me you need to earn it. I was giving really GOOD advice....if people are going to bite my head off then I am just gonna either be totally honest or not say a thing.

Right now I am shooting for honest

lets see your photos from the gas station then....
i am trying to be nice here...i want to see what kind of photos you take.
obviously none of you have seen my recent photos..

This is good advice?

"Professional? I am a noob and could take better photos with a generic disposiable camera from the gas station. Thats why I wouldnt call her professional."

Emerana, you did indeed start out with some very good, and very nicely stated advice. And then there was this devolution.

Can we please just try to give Teresa a chance? I think she knows full and well that these photos did not fly.
She is willing to conceed that she needs help. She is even bringing down her own self ranking to say that she ins't a professional.

Can you just cut her a break? That's all I'm asking.

lets see your photos from the gas station then....
i am trying to be nice here...i want to see what kind of photos you take.
obviously none of you have seen my recent photos..

Teresa, just let it go. Really. Just stop.
You want people to be kinder to you, you need to be the first one to offer it.

alright i will stop....i am done now...i am going to go view a few other sites i am on, check my mail, get the baby some food and then keep checking back on here...

Sigh...well I am NOT a professional. In fact I have been taking photos for 2 weeks. It has become a passion though and it is something that I would very much like to learn alot about.

Here if you would like to see some of my photos from my first 2 weeks of picture taking, look here:
http://thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106104

Elsa, you jumped down my throat calling me out of line. The fact is...people would be alot nicer to her if she took CC and if she didnt pretend to be a professional skilled photographer. People work hard for that lable...buying a camera doesnt make you professional.

One more thought Teresa. Play around with natural light. You might like it more then the studio.

Emerana,
You are new, so first of all, I honestly want to welcome you here. It's actually a very nice place. :)

Yes, I admit I did jump down your throat. I had just had a long phone/e-mail conversations with Teresa trying to get her to come back here, and to try again.....this time with some help.
And I'm glad to say, that she agreed to do so.

You have to remember, that Teresa had a few buises left over, and yeah, she's touchy. And I hope you forgive me for being a mother hen. I had only just gained her trust to know that I wasn't here to hurt her, but to help her. I'm going to stand up for her.

So I apologize if my tone was wrong. Actually the last several posts, everyone's tone has been wrong.

So welcome Emerana, and I hope you enjoy yourself here. It's a nice place.

But now, I am going to see if this thread can't be locked. People are responding to the "old Teresa" when I'm trying to help her get past it....both on her end, and her hurts over the other end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back