maternity photo shoot

tkme4ard

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
okay so I finally got around to playing with these in photoshop. I might have gone a bit crazy. C&C always welcome :)

btw how do you get people to loosen up? I'm really new at this, and they were more than happy to do what I asked of them but getting them to relax and do something other than the same standard belly pose but I had no idea how to direct them. Also drove me crazy, I kept asking him to take off his watch then he'd put it back on again as soon as that set was done.

1_edited1framed-vi.jpg

2_edited2-vi.jpg

3_edited2-vi.jpg

5_edited2-vi.jpg

6_edited1-vi.jpg

IMG_3485_edited1-vi.jpg

IMG_3485_edited2bw-vi.jpg

8 (dang I just realized I forgot to photoshop out his watch mark)
13_edited1-vi.jpg

9 (there was very little room to take this picture and I realized when I got home that it was badly tilted. By fixing it I lost their feet, dissapointed about the feet but I still like the shot)
12_edited1-vi.jpg

I just realized 5's skin tone is way off <sigh> photoshop is a definate learning curve

I think these look pretty good! One thing I would suggest is that from now on when it's a maternity shoot, you should tell the client to wear anything BUT black. In a few shots her belly is "hidden" by the black shirt. I have 2 posts on here right now from a maternity shoot I recently did, and there's a variety of different poses on there if you want to check it out. Overall, I'm sure they'll be pleased with them!

okay I don't understand <sigh> someone help me here? I go to order prints and it's saying not suggested for prints larger than 8x12. I have the rebel and it's a 6mp? What am I doing wrong?

thank you Bowronfam3, I'll go check out your pictures

Hmmmm...what "level" did you save them at in Photoshop? I always save mine at the highest maximum setting. Did you do a lot of cropping/resizing on the photos?

Loosen up? Alcohol. Although the expecting mother will not appreciate it much :p. In reality though camera shy people don't loosen up regardless of what you do. You then get left with the very tough job of directing their every movements however subtle they may be, things as simple as getting the guy to tilt his head in slightly in number 9.

Oh and a trick I learnt for the pose in number 8, to make it seem a bit more natural, just take your time, pretend your focus is fouling up (in my case it was) and keep telling them to hold it. Eventually they will crack up and if your timing is right you can get a perfectly happy and relaxed looking shot.

I saved them at the highest resolution and no I didn't crop them hardly at all :( I don't know what the heck is going on. I guess I need to fiddle more

Alcohol would be great for ME LOL I tried talking to them, getting them to talk to me etc

Most reactions

New Topics

Back