Maternity Shot: Earth Goddess

SirGeorge1960

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there,
Thought I'd post this as Mom delivered a baby girl yesterday: Kali.

ri-maternity-photography-2.jpg

Welcome to TPF! Interesting concept; definitely something a little 'out of the box' in the maternity genre. I think while the walkway gives good leading lines, it does sort of detract from the 'earth goddess' concept, and I wish that shock white hair hadn't wound up in a bright spot against the canopy; at a quick glance it gives her head a decidedly unusual appearance.

Welcome to TPF! Interesting concept; definitely something a little 'out of the box' in the maternity genre. I think while the walkway gives good leading lines, it does sort of detract from the 'earth goddess' concept, and I wish that shock white hair hadn't wound up in a bright spot against the canopy; at a quick glance it gives her head a decidedly unusual appearance.

Absolutely fair points - this was my first maternity shoot and we wanted to avoid the defacto maternity poses but there are mobility limitations when working with a 9 month pregnant woman and so there were a few compromises :) Thx for your feedback.

George.

Well, hey! Welcome to TPF!!!

I wish the one foot were hidden by her skirt as well as the other foot was hidden. Maybe you can "burn down" the one big foot?

I dunno...I think maybe revising the flash-to-ambient ratio might be a way to make this work even better, meaning darken the whole frame by lowering the exposure a good deal, the using digital fill light to lighten her up, so that the woods behind look a bit darker. I think the background might look better darker, with her a bit lighter in comparison to the background foliage. I do enjoy the concept and her outfit is cool too.

Definitely a different spin on the maternity shoot. So glad to not see baby's name in child blocks! ;) And a big congrats to the new mom! Are you going to photograph the baby as well?

- Lindsey Wilson
About » lindsey wilson photography

Most reactions

New Topics

Back