Maternity

ShutteredEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.theshutteredeye.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here's a couple more of my wife's maternity shots from our shoot in June.

64177868.jpg

64177843.jpg

Oh my goodness, those are FANTASTIC shots!! The second one is so beautiful/clever. Love it.

Nicely done! I really like the toning on the second one. And these are from June you say??? Time to get some updated ones :D

Alison said:
Nicely done! I really like the toning on the second one. And these are from June you say??? Time to get some updated ones :D

Yup, on June 17 actually. We may get a chance to shoot some this weekend, we'll see. Doing a baby shoot Saturday, maybe I'll leave everything set up. Some of us have to rearrange the living room furniture to shoot indoors.:lol: :lmao: :lol:

Totally relate! I have done ONE shoot of Evelyn with the studio lights for that very reason. I look forward to seeing more :)

They are both great.. The tones are nicely done.. However for me.. the second one I would have liked to see MORE lighting on the *heart* hands instead of above her hands.. but thats personal preference... Great job!

Beautiful... how bizarre was just thinking of your last preg post pics last night - i'm taking some of a girlfriend in a few weeks and was keen to ask you for some pointers - like where you positioned the light/s in the first pics???? they were so inspiring i cant get them out of my head..and i would love to be able to give her somethign like that!!!! these are beautiful too but im itching to see how big the 'bump' is now!! have seen many of the heart shots but this is by far the best in my eyes - hot tones and love the light xx post more soon!! and feel free to pm me any tips re. lighting position!!! Thanks jemma

Thanks Jemma.

In the images I posted before I used three different setups. They were all done with one light with a strip softbox, and a reflector on some.

In the full lighting ones, I set up the light to the subjects left, at about 45*, and about 2ft taller than her in her pose, pointed directly at her. I then placed the relector to her right at about her eye level. I used the modeling light feature to dial in the reflected light to make sure it was where I wanted for fill. Generally I was looking for 1 to 1/2 stop ratio from the light side to reflector side.

On the profile lighting I just used the light with the softbox placed directly at her left side, parallel with the backdrop. I set it at eye level and and carefully directed the light to make sure it lit the model, but not the backdrop.

On the images where she's laying on her back, I raised the light as high as I could extend it, and placed the stand as close as I could without it being in the image to acheive almost overhead lighting. It worked well with some bit of an angle to it, creating some pleasing shadows. Again, I carefully directed it to be sure and not light the background.

I used a variety of camera settings in manual mode. I used both 1/125th and 1/250th shutter speeds (be sure that your camera will sync with the flash that high) and apertures from 5.6-8.0 depending how deep I wanted the DOF at ISO's 100 & 200. I took several test shots to make sure the exposure was where I wanted, checking the histogram to make sure I didn't have any blown spots.

You can take a look at the images at http://pbase.com/shutteredeye/baby if you like. If you have any specific questions just let me know, I'll do my best to help in any way I can.

Most of all just experiment, it's what I did!

Thanks Daniel. Yah the first one was one of the first images of the evening, I was still working getting the lighting the way I liked it. First time I've ever worked with studio lighting on my own. Big time learning curve.

I really like both of these. I so wish my wife would've have allowed me to take photos when she was pregnant. These are really well done. My wife was so self conscious I couldn't get near her with a camera. Congratulations on the pregnancy as well

Most reactions

New Topics

Back