Matt's fault!!! (ksmattfish, that is)

While I do like Leicas, I don't like them any more than many of my other cameras. I'd be more likely to join a Rolleiflex club
You sound exactly like my husband! :lol: We were just talking about "goody" cameras and what we'd drop big bucks on if we could. I said Leica. He said, "Nice, but....wide angle Rollei."

Wide angle Rollei...? :scratch: I have yet to search a picture of one, but he's all giddy over the thing.

ksmattfish said:
Did you see my post comparing a Widelux F6 with a Horizon 202 (the latest version of the Horizont)?

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16827

Widelux is a much better camera/lens combo, no question about it! Wow, what a difference. Thanks for the link, I haven't read it before. OK, I'll stay away from Russian cameras...:D

terri said:
You sound exactly like my husband! :lol: We were just talking about "goody" cameras and what we'd drop big bucks on if we could. I said Leica. He said, "Nice, but....wide angle Rollei."

Wide angle Rollei...? :scratch: I have yet to search a picture of one, but he's all giddy over the thing.

How about this pic of a WA Rollei:

WR03.jpg

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

ksmattfish said:
I have that Canon 50mm you mentioned, and what I assume is the standard 35mm Leitz Elmar that came with the III(F). I've only tried the Elmar.

The Canon is a great little lens, I have the 50/1.8 and the 135/3.5 for the SBIV. But, as I couldn't see the IIIf complete without a Leitz lens, I got a Summitar 50/f2:

2c_2.JPG

terri said:
Lord help me, that's probably it! :lol:

A true giant of the WA, the 55mm Distagon by Zeiss is one of the sharpest lenses out there! Not cheap either!

Mitica100 said:
A true giant of the WA, the 55mm Distagon by Zeiss is one of the sharpest lenses out there! Not cheap either!
Yep - that must be the one, then. He keeps talking about it saying it's going to be his retirement present to himself. ;) It's in the thousands, I believe. :shock: It would make a very nice present to someone who's worked in aerial photography all this time!! I hope we can snag one for him when the time's right. :) It does look gorgeous.

terri said:
Lord help me, that's probably it! :lol:

Hey that's just a rollei tlr with a mutar...right? I've wanted one for sometime but they are really rare and equqlly expensive. I've read they kind of suck though.

mygrain said:
Hey that's just a rollei tlr with a mutar...right? I've wanted one for sometime but they are really rare and equqlly expensive. I've read they kind of suck though.

No, they are Wide Angle Rolleiflexes made between 1961 and 1967. They all come with the one lens, 55m/f4 Distagon.

Yep, and they ARE supposedly hard to come by, because people who own them don't seem to want to give them up. ;)

Congrats Mitica! :thumbup: :)

Lets see the pictures!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back