maturity levels and other forums

rangefinder said:
So the fatefull question is: Who has the right-away in a pedistrian crosswalk?

Answer: The pedestrian.

Question: Does that absolve the pedestrian of looking both ways before crossing?

Answer: No.

One day maybe someone will write on their tombstone "I had the right of way."

Amen to that!

In NYC, this is a very normal issue; regardless of age/color/gender/nationality - "Right of way"!

I'm a very patient man now. Have to get used to these kind of immature, arrogant and stupid acts.

bp22hot said:
now it is more like Come to America and we will change our way of life for you.

Ahhhhhhhhhh......that is what we do here in Canada

That kind of thinking doesn't follow the old adage "when in Rome,do as the Romans do"

Artemis said:
but I assure you guys, we aint all like that :) Just have some....*bleep* heads who are just nasty :(

We know that Artemis! Sometimes we may temporarily forget after having a particularly unpleasant run-in with said *bleep* heads...but just keep being the way you are and we will all have a reminder NOT to stereotype everyone!

;) thats what im hopping :).....actually im hopping for a D70, but one can dream....

One day maybe someone will write on their tombstone "I had the right of way."

LOL! Nice one.
I thought the whole point of looking left and right isnt that cars have the right of way, but that one is going and doesnt hit you because it doesnt see you.

Id get a bike, and find those people, and ram into em while crossing...
When they get up and go "What the hell!?"
Just go "Sorry gentlemen, I had the right of way.....*meep meep*" Like the cartoon road runner....

I think that most people my age, not all though, are to cocky...is that spelt right? They think they are to Ard (with a capital A!) and to "Cool" to be hit or killed by anything cause they have lots of mates...sometimes I wanna wage war on these people.

Btw...alot of these people we have names for, "Townies" Not all of course are bad, but alot of "Townies" are :)

P.s. Why dont we gate crash this forum with spam? I know some great spammers...

Well yes, I was annoyed because..

1. I was listed with a group of other girls on a POLL of all things. So people are voting for which one of us is the "hottest".

2. People are making comments like, "Why is such and such getting more vote than this person".

3. It was done without asking me if I wanted to be included in such a poll.

4. Its embarrassing and a popularity contest making me feel like Im being judged on my looks by a bunch of strangers. I already have self esteem issues about my looks, have had since I was a kid, and now I open a 14 page thread with people voting whether Im as hot as others. Its highly embarrassing and I dont need to be made to feel that way by complete strangers. I basically feel like Ive been lined up next to these girls and all the males are standing there pointing out which one is the prettiest.

Its pathetic. I know I shouldnt let it bother me but Im overly sensitive and its not the sort of crap I need to read when Im trying to escape.

I also had one guy whom ive never even spoken to before cheering for me saying vote for me, she needs more votes! then posted 2 of my pics and said "shes the sex" . :roll:

Why don't you just ignore the forum?

Not every highschool goer behave like that...

yeah... here are plenty of people who are... let's say under 20, me and santino too, Artemis and so on... and I think that we are not immature. The disscussion here is very polite, we never want to be offensive or rude. So don't generalize that all highschool goers are immature.

We just want to share or opinion.

Ok, ok here we sometimes jump on perverted topics but we are not offensive...

manda said:
Well yes, I was annoyed because..

1. I was listed with a group of other girls on a POLL of all things. So people are voting for which one of us is the "hottest".

2. People are making comments like, "Why is such and such getting more vote than this person".

3. It was done without asking me if I wanted to be included in such a poll.

4. Its embarrassing and a popularity contest making me feel like Im being judged on my looks by a bunch of strangers. I already have self esteem issues about my looks, have had since I was a kid, and now I open a 14 page thread with people voting whether Im as hot as others. Its highly embarrassing and I dont need to be made to feel that way by complete strangers. I basically feel like Ive been lined up next to these girls and all the males are standing there pointing out which one is the prettiest.

Its pathetic. I know I shouldnt let it bother me but Im overly sensitive and its not the sort of crap I need to read when Im trying to escape.

I also had one guy whom ive never even spoken to before cheering for me saying vote for me, she needs more votes! then posted 2 of my pics and said "shes the sex" . :roll:

Don't post your photo on forums then I guess. I'm not excusing what they did. It's not cool, but you can't trust people to do the right thing.

mentos_007 said:
Not every highschool goer behave like that...

yeah... here are plenty of people who are... let's say under 20, me and santino too, Artemis and so on... and I think that we are not immature. The disscussion here is very polite, we never want to be offensive or rude. So don't generalize that all highschool goers are immature.

We just want to share or opinion.

Ok, ok here we sometimes jump on perverted topics but we are not offensive...

huh? when did anyone say anything about highschoolers in general or about highschoolers here?
many of the threads there are written by teenagers and they talk about "teenage"stuff. there is nothing wrong with that, its just not what i or other people my age really want to talk about.
i was talking about that forum in particular. i have many friends online who are teenagers and all of them are intelligent and mature.
i certainly dont think anyone here was bashing teens.

Nah dont worry I think she meant in general not just on you.

As for you saying your over sensitive...felling the way you do is normal, not overly sensitive.

As for them, get pics of frankeinstein, or some hideos shots, then post a poll *Whos the ugliest* and post all their names next to really hideos shots, and if they have a problem with that, Ill go over there and make em realise you are a person and deserve respect!

On a lighter note...wish I was on a poll to say If I was good lookin :roll:

I love photography and this is the only photo site I visit on a regular basis because everyone is cool here and I find I'm motivated by you guys and gals. Sometimes you make me laugh and it is nice to see some teasing but it is kept very light hearted. Especially since the age range really varys with our members.

Keep cool and I will miss reading the posts next week when I'm on holiday with my wife in Virginia.

Eric

Most reactions

New Topics

Back