Mav's Mentoring & Blog Thread

Hi Mav - yup, all were taken with that 70-200. For the event (this was one of those "sit through 20 or so other recitals until your kid's dance - 3 minutes of dance - then another 20 or so recitals until your kid's second dance"), I left lens at 200mm, ISO of 800, and f/2.8, and then simply kept snapping shots - think I took about 180 shots for the two 3-minute dances. Shot all in RAW so I could correct WB, lighting, etc. All four shots were handheld. Here's a link to larger sizes of the two recital pics in my SmugMug account: http://chris-p.smugmug.com/gallery/5369164_CDXKj#328743542_EMGS5

I really did enjoy renting that lens - although if I'm going to buy something in that range, I'll probably go with the Sigma 70-200 f/2.8 (less than 1/2 of the Nikon price!). I'm heading to Maine for vacation in several weeks and will have plenty of landscape shots.

^ LOL, thanks Chris! Yeah she's a cutie. Enjoying her now while she's young because when she's older I KNOW she's gonna be trouble and then we'll want to remember her when she was little again! :p

Just to let you guys know, I have some very important personal/family affairs to attend to in the next week or two, so I'll be quite rare around here. Will catch up with everything here when I can though. In the meantime, keep shooting! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back