Max Print Size?

I got the print a few days ago and it looks great! 20x30 is the perfect size to go on my wall. At 150ppi I can't tell a quality loss either, it looks really good.

I'm really happy with how it turned out, thanks mpix!

So Shea, based on your little research, do you think a 10 x 15 inch print will turn out okay? It's from winkflash who guarantees their quality, etc.
It should look fine. Unless you're doing commercial photography, or just if you're a complete perfectionist, you could even print a 20 X 30 print, and it look OK. 300dpi is exceptional quality, 200 for very good, 150 for good/OK, 100 is pretty bad.

Got my 18 x 24 Giclée canvas today! At 150 DPI and the shot being at the long end of my 300mm lens, it is a bit soft. I'm probably quite a bit more critical than most people, so I'm giving it a few day, and some decent light before I decide if it is ready for production.

-Shea

Cool you got your canvas shea, mine was a tad bit soft too. Next time I will sharpen it a little more in pp.

Is getting a canvas worth it? I may look at one of those in the future.

Canvases are SO cool. I got my first one (they actually screwed it up. It was a 12x18 to be wrapped around a 1.5" border but they did it as an 11x17 around a 0.75" border. Darn! But in any case, I find with canvases you have to sharpen it just a tad bit more so it doesn't appear soft with all the ridges and such.

Well it was $90 with shipping (declining US dollars), but I had to see it to evaluate it, much like your poster.

I was hoping the clear coat would be heavier and make the colors pop a bit, but I can always spray on a some more.

In summary I would save it for just your best work, something with nice dynamic range and colors, a crisp shot that looks great on photo paper.

I may sell this one (42 dolphins surfing) near cost just so I can experiment some more, perhaps a smaller size & with some more saturation to compensate for a narrow tonal range in this case.

-Shea :mrgreen:

Also you guys, how do you go about selling pics from the web? By showing people previews and then telling them what sizes are available, then once they pay you, you order the pic from mpix to be delivered to their address?

Lol I have no idea about this stuff, it's something I'd definitely like to learn more about though.

Most reactions

Back