May 2012 - Photo of the Month Nomination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys (and gals whatsits) lets all try and stick to the rules. They are simple rules and yes there are limitations and yes it is a pain when it comes to the end of the month and you have to make a choice, trying to cheat the system to get more of your nominations through isn't really playing the game within the spirit of the rules. Nominations should be each persons own choice from what they've seen.

If you want more people to take up the challenge consider putting a link to it in your signature for others to see as you post around the site.

Cheating...this was not a secret, it was pretty wide open and honest. How many people never even saw these images and might enjoy them, they are not voteable, so I don't get the association as intrepid.

Over, maybe you and the mods could bubble it up a bit more than you have and encourage others to contribute, or sadly it will die on the vine, this month is a good example. I see mods saying Hello to all the new members, but never saying take a look around see what you like and perhaps you may want to nominate something that really wow's you. All they get is a Hello. Welcome.

There are all sorts of solutions to create an excitement if you want this to make it to the end of the year...if I recall correctly it was you who lameneted that in the past this died off for lack of interest and here, with a new effort this year, there are so many who share their work on TPF and the POTM is kind of going nowhere.

Anyway, its not my job to promote this site, its the admins and the mods.

Without to much editorial comment about what I see in your signature, I note it says POTM Voting for APRIL is now open. You might want to update that if you are going to lob inflammatory remarks my way...;)

Ladies and Gents: I have gone back and edited my post and removed the links to my two 'Honorable Mentions'. In retrospect, I could easily have waited until the month closed to do exactly the same thing, and will wait until the month closes to post them again, I hope.

The genesis of my posting the links was born from a wonderfully devilish idea a few pages back when faced with the dilemma of too many images, not enough nomination votes available. From there, and in the spirit of the play on words, I started a thread titled Shenanigans Teammate Wanted (or somehting like that) and it was a continuance of the concoction of the play on words and good natured fun and silliness that sprung from the idea of gathering a teammate to go into cahoots in order to get addtional photos nominated.

Unfortunately, at least one person missed the boat on that and made some very unfortuante accusations without ever saying hey, either publicly or privately, do I have this right GG? Would you really take that next step and move forward with going that route? Is that what you are really doing here and now??? Instead, the leap was made that this was indeed what my corrupt agenda was.

So, to that, the answer simply is no. No I would would not go to that extreme, and what was a wonderfully devilsh idea that was born of fun and frustration became a source of misguided melodrama and baseless knee-jerk accusations, followed-up by more than adequate rediculous remarks that were unnecessary, last-word, and useless. I guess someone was having a bad day and I can only offer that with a Sense of Humor, life goes along so much bettter with it than without it.

So, at the turn of the month, if I am still alive, I am going to get really, really excited again, about the images that were posted this month, and who knows, I might even have more than two more by then!:lovey:

G'day y'all!

I don't nominate during the month, but try to note worthy pictures when I see them, save the links and then choose a few to nominate toward the end of the month. That's just how I do it. I don't want to run out of nominations halfway through, and this helps me not nominate the first good picture I see. Here's one I nominate this month.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/landscape-cityscape/285290-landscape.html

cornsigjpg.jpg

How on earth did I miss all this drama?? :lol:
I was just being my usual witty self when I suggested a "work around" to the 3 photo limit, which Bitter then called "Shenanigans." I thought it was all in good fun; I had no intentions of stirring anything up!

For the record, I kinda like the 3-photo limit. It makes me really think seriously about whether to nominate a photo. So far, I've actually only nominated one per month, I think.

I don't nominate during the month, but try to note worthy pictures when I see them, save the links and then choose a few to nominate toward the end of the month. That's just how I do it. I don't want to run out of nominations halfway through, and this helps me not nominate the first good picture I see.

That's a good plan! I generally nominate the first photo I see that I really think it is worthy; then, the rest of the month everything has to compare to that photo (Photo A). So, if I find another possible nomination, which I'll call Photo B, I ask myself whether I would actually VOTE for it, over photo A that I already nominated. If I would still vote for Photo A, Photo B doesn't get nominated.
As I said above, so far, I don't think I've ever even nominated two photos, I always decide I still like my first choice best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back