May be a stupid question about my printer...but...

butterflygirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photosbymcdonald.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone! This may be a stupid question, I know, but I have to ask...

I just bought my printer a Canon 6700. Is there something special you need to do in order to print from the computer to the printer and not have streaks and pixelation?

It prints fine from the memory card - crystal clear. But when I go to print an image directly from my Mac it comes out streaked and weird looking - do you think it's too high in resolution? I always bump up the resolution when I open photos up in Photoshop - from the memory card they're still at 72.

I just want to print some pictures darn it! :)

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

72 is the pixels per inch...that's monitor pixels...it has nothing to do with printing...it's only a display setting. The important number is the number of pixels in the image. You want to have around 300 pixels per inch of paper. So if you are printing a 4x6 the image should have at least 1200x1800 pixels (more is OK). If it's an 8x10, you would want 2400x3000 pixels. You can print it with less but your results may vary.

I don't know why your printer is doing that...maybe try printing them from the computer, without changing any of the file size settings. Also, make sure your printer drivers are up to date...but I wouldn't think that would be the problem.

72 is the pixels per inch...that's monitor pixels...it has nothing to do with printing...it's only a display setting. The important number is the number of pixels in the image. You want to have around 300 pixels per inch of paper. So if you are printing a 4x6 the image should have at least 1200x1800 pixels (more is OK). If it's an 8x10, you would want 2400x3000 pixels. You can print it with less but your results may vary.

I don't know why your printer is doing that...maybe try printing them from the computer, without changing any of the file size settings. Also, make sure your printer drivers are up to date...but I wouldn't think that would be the problem.

Great thanks! I'll try to experiment and see what I come up with :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back