Mayan Yucatan (Mexico saga part 6) (14 images! modem killer ...)

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Alright, this will probably be the last part of my Mexico series, since I do not want to bore you with all those images ;)

This time it is mainly Mayan architecture, and the landscape things are embedded in.

1: coast and temple (Tulum)
mex37.jpg

2: the cliff (Tulum)
mex38.jpg

3: some tiny temples (Tulum)
mex39.jpg

4: the main temple (Tulum)
mex40.jpg

5: the main temple (Tulum)
mex41.jpg

6: on top of the large pyramid at Coba
mex42.jpg

7: Chichen Itza
mex43.jpg

8: main pyramid (Chichen Itza)
mex44.jpg

9: all those stairs (Chichen Itza)
mex45.jpg

10: detail (Chichen Itza)
mex46.jpg

11: detail (Chichen Itza)
mex47.jpg

12: serpent heads (Chichen Itza)
mex48.jpg

13: the observatory at sunset (Chichen Itza)
mex49.jpg

14: the observatory (Chichen Itza)
mex50.jpg

Thanks!

(Ghastly) Krueger said:
One question, though: How come there are no persons in the pics? These ruins are usually crowded!
There are no people, since I think crowds of tourists would really spoil these pictures! ;)

OK, to be serious: The main trick is not to swim with the crowd. AND it is all a question of perspective and timing. It sometimes needs some good planning.

You have not bored me with even ONE of your photos (and I have been through ALL your threads with photos from Mexico and Egypt now), for these photos take me right to where I have never been and there is so much to see and explore ... if only ... well, I am repeating myself, but: if only they were a bit larger. But I see why you worked on shorter loading times for the modem users, and it it kind of you to do so.

I really love the composition of Photo 9!
This Mayan pyramid just BEGS to be framed in this manner, now doesn't it?

The light in the last is really nice, too (also in the second but last, as a matter of fact) ... and I think I would say I love the first best of all if the central point weren't as centred ... a bit more county showing from left to right and a little less water ... but hey, don't listen to me, I am only tuning myself back into general "TPF nitpicking à LaFoto" ;))

Thanks everyone!

LaFoto said:
if only they were a bit larger. But I see why you worked on shorter loading times for the modem users, and it it kind of you to do so.

Well, the originals are very large, so I reduced them ... I know there is a lot of detail which one cannot see now in the tiny versions ... sorry!!

and I think I would say I love the first best of all if the central point weren't as centred ... a bit more county showing from left to right and a little less water ...

Thought about that myself! But I love the water .. I just could not crop it away :( :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back