Mazda 6 Experimenting with HDR/Lightpainting .::CnC::.

AUS-10

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Eh not my favorite but it's okay. Composite of 12 images.
Cleaned up the car and went downtown on Friday (BAD IDEA) to try and get some shots in a parking garage and try my hand at some lightpainting since I dont have any off camera flashes just yet. Luckily I got one shot in before the mob a cars came in and parked in the BG.

Used a fluoro tube to do the painting but didnt get in all the shots I wanted before they told me to leave. :x I wish I had somebody with me to do the lighting since it was hard to know where to drag the light when you cant see in the viewfinder. Lots of trials and errors.

I tried to make the HDR look as natural as possible and not godawfully overprocessed like most HDR's tend to be. HDR made up of 7 shots ranging from -1.0_1.0

Definatly going to be attempting this again pretty soon since I believe this one was a shoot-n-miss at what I was going for.
Comments?

4410317486_ee55659c95_b.jpg

Do you have a polarizing filter?

The front of the car is way to dark for me and all the vertical pillars/roof braces/piping pull attention away from the car.

Do you have a polarizing filter?

The front of the car is way to dark for me and all the vertical pillars/roof braces/piping pull attention away from the car.

Yes I do. Didnt even come to mind to use it though. And yeah I got pushed out by the crowd before I had time to adequitly light it up. Thanks for the comment!

A polarizer will tone down the reflections in the windows and on the car body.

Its on my checklist for next shoot!

Maybe I shouldn't put HDR in the title next time. Lol. Noobody wants ta comment on it?

Looking closely I can see where you put some work into this. I can see your light trail reflection in the front bumper :)

It's a cool picture I think. Makes the car look somewhat menacing. Especially because it sits very low in the front, looks ready to pounce... speaking of, damn that's low. Obviously you changed the springs out?

The only thing that draws my attention a bit is the front-passenger window. A bit too much reflection on it. Other than that the picture looks very professional -- looks like a magazine ad! Nice job.

Looking closely I can see where you put some work into this. I can see your light trail reflection in the front bumper :)

It's a cool picture I think. Makes the car look somewhat menacing. Especially because it sits very low in the front, looks ready to pounce... speaking of, damn that's low. Obviously you changed the springs out?

Yeah the reflections were made up of these shots. And it is lowered on Tein S-tech Springs. :mrgreen: Barely scraped on every floor of the parking garage on the way down. lol

j79qm8.jpg

120gfb5.jpg

1hf390.jpg

4htg9h.jpg

2l961c3.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back