MB-D11 Battery grip for D7000

480sparky said:
How about a link, please..........

Thanks everyone. The batteries were my next question. Have not looked yet but some of the aftermarket grips are packaged with Nikon batteries according to what I have seen on eBay. And that link would be good too.

I was asking for a link to where there's proof someone's camera caught fire, exploded, melted down, shrunk until it disappeared, or otherwise was rendered useless because of an off-market grip.

I've got the aftermarket one off eBay and zero issues. Had an issue with an aftermarket battery on my d80 and replaced it with oem and never another problem. So grips I say are okay aftermarket batteries not so much.

Sent from my iPhone.

I have an aftermarket zeikos grip for my d90 and a nikon grip for my d700. I'm going to compare the two assuming that the d700 grip (mb-d10) and the d90 grip (mb-d80) are of the same quality. I don't have any experience with the mb-d80 so if its quality is not up to par with that of the mb-d10 someone chime in.

The nikon grip is magnificent. Never had a problem at all. Feels solid. Controls work well. It feels great in your hand. Solid.

The zeikos grip works great as well. The controls work great too. However, it does not feel great in your hand. The fit is fine but it feels very plasticy to me. The finish on it is close to that of the camera but still different. I can touch the camera with my eyes closed and tell whether or not i'm touching the body or the grip. The battery door is a bit flimsy. Lastly, the most important part of it that gets me is that the grip doesn't fit completely snug onto the camera body. Tightened all the way there is still a little play. This causes the grip to not feel as firmly attached to the camera as nikon's grip and also the little movement it can make can move around the contacting points the grip has to the camera and can cause inaccurate battery readings. On a budget, this grip would work great, great pricing in comparison and it will work well.

Bottom line: Even though the zeikos is much much cheaper, if I were to buy again,I would get a nikon branded one.

Doesnt the original battery from the camera fit in the grip? Or do you have to get new batteries for this. Do you leave a battery in the camera aswell as in the grip?

I found some batteriest on ebay, called EN-EL 15 which are supposed to be for the D7000. They look a bit longer then the original battery pack for the D7000.

Li-ion Battery EN-EL15A for NIKON MB-D11 D7000 Battery Grip 7.4V 3000mAh | eBay

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Doesnt the original battery from the camera fit in the grip? Or do you have to get new batteries for this. Do you leave a battery in the camera aswell as in the grip?

I found some batteriest on ebay, called EN-EL 15 which are supposed to be for the D7000. They look a bit longer then the original battery pack for the D7000.

Li-ion Battery EN-EL15A for NIKON MB-D11 D7000 Battery Grip 7.4V 3000mAh | eBay

OEM batteries fit in both. But a genuine Nikon, as well as most of the knock-offs, also can utilize AA batteries as well.

What you linked to is a third-party battery designed for the grip that replaced the entire battery tray.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks sparky,

I see that some grips have a part that goes up the battery slot. The ones for the D7000 doesnt. Does that mean that its intended for me to keep my OEM battery in there, pluss which ever type of battery that i put in the grip?

You need 2 batteries, one in the camera and one in the grip. You can use the OEM-style in the grip, or AAs.

DSC_5853.jpg

Oh, okay. I see how it works now :)
Thanks for taking the time to upload the picture :)

There is quite a difference in price from the Nikon to several after market grips. Is the function/quality difference as great?
I want to get a vertical grip but don't wont to spend a lot if I don't have to.
Thanks in advance, Bernie

I've had this one Bower Professional Battery Grip for Nikon D7000 Camera XBGN7000 for almost a year now with no problems. I comes with it's own battery or you can use it with the Nikon battery or AA's. I haven't tried it with AA's yet but it's battery and the Nikon battery have worked fine. I've shot a few weddings with it (2000+ images in a few hours) and hardly made a dent into it's charge. The dials are the same as on the camera too...so no confusion issues.

I recently bought a new Zeikos grip for the D300. It was nice, but all plastic.
The Nikon MB-D10 for the D300 is mag. alloy and much better built. So I returned the Zeikos and found a clean, used Nikon and I'm happy I did.

Most reactions

Back