MB-D11

412 Burgh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.zacharydiberadin.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So just got one second hand and it works great and I'm loving it so far! One slight question. I understand when I screw it in the green light will shine when it's connect. One thing that bothers me is sometimes when I grab it by the battery grip when the grip is locked in and locked so I don't change any settings. The green light will shine and it confuses me because my camera isn't on and I was just wondering if that's something to worry about or not.

Anyone got ideas? Could be used if you got another grip as well. Does it happened to your grip on your nikon?

MY green light flickers for a second when I connect the grip and then goes out. It doesn't stay on.

Mine doesn't stay on. But it randomly flickers when I grab it by the grip or move my camera. Ill try to grab a video of it tomorrow after my newborn shoot.

Mine doesn't stay on. But it randomly flickers when I grab it by the grip or move my camera. Ill try to grab a video of it tomorrow after my newborn shoot.

It sounds like there is a marginal connection between camera and grip. The light on mine flickers only when the grip is attached or removed, and it sounds to me like yours is randomly losing connection.

Is the grip solid when 'fully attached'? I've heard some 3rd party grips tend to 'rock' slightly. That may be the issue.

It looks like a genuine nikon. It's solid. I've had my 80-200 on there and it didn't budge.

It shouldn't keep blinking. Make sure it's tight and the points of contact are clean.

Alright I'll have to post some pictures. I'm about to head to a shoot and ill clean and post some pictures of it later ! Thanks for all the ideas!

So just got one second hand and it works great and I'm loving it so far! One slight question. I understand when I screw it in the green light will shine when it's connect. One thing that bothers me is sometimes when I grab it by the battery grip when the grip is locked in and locked so I don't change any settings. The green light will shine and it confuses me because my camera isn't on and I was just wondering if that's something to worry about or not.[ /QUOTE]

I bought a Meike grip for my D7000 and it does the same thing. It hasn't drained my batteries or caused any other adverse effects, so I've learned to ignore it. I've had the grip on the camera for about 2 months now.

Mine only blinks when I attach or detach it. Sounds like a sloppy connection between grip and camera. You seem to have some question as to weather it is a Nikon or aftermarket grip. Nikon grips will say NIKON on the bottom and the main housing is made of metal and not plastic.

Most reactions

Back