McNary Dam HDR

mobius121

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

I know there are a lot of photographers still not into HDR, but after discovering it and receiving Photomatix on my birthday a little over a month ago, I have been hooked ^^ This one is near McNary dam near Pendleton, Oregon in the wildlife refuge. The vegetation had a red color to it that I found interesting and I tried to recreate it the best I could...maybe overdoing it a bit, but I like it that way ^^

Let me know what you think ;)

I kind of like this shot, it almost looks like a painting. I am surprised you did not remove the sunflare marks, that distracts from the whole photo.

I tried, but sadly the software I have is Gimp, and it doesn't do too well, that is why I had to crop quite a bit of the bottom off. Next time I will use a polarizer, I didn't notice I was using the UV filter instead lol! I know what you mean about it looking like a painting, but it is good stuff none the less ;)

I tried, but sadly the software I have is Gimp, and it doesn't do too well, that is why I had to crop quite a bit of the bottom off. Next time I will use a polarizer, I didn't notice I was using the UV filter instead lol! I know what you mean about it looking like a painting, but it is good stuff none the less ;)

Um. Bull. I have cloned some stuff perfectly with Gimp. For cloning, Gimp does a perfectly good job, you just have to work on getting your skill level up on cloning.

As for the picture.....too much processing for my tastes. I don't think that most photographers hate HDR's, they hate overprocessed photos, which happens more often with HDR's than regular photos.

Um. Bull. I have cloned some stuff perfectly with Gimp. For cloning, Gimp does a perfectly good job, you just have to work on getting your skill level up on cloning.

As for the picture.....too much processing for my tastes. I don't think that most photographers hate HDR's, they hate overprocessed photos, which happens more often with HDR's than regular photos.

Dang, I guess I am just bad at it huh? Some people seem to be in the over processed look, I am one of them sometimes, it just depends on the photo. I guess I will be looking up some tutorials on how to clone with Gimp now.

Dang, I guess I am just bad at it huh? Some people seem to be in the over processed look, I am one of them sometimes, it just depends on the photo. I guess I will be looking up some tutorials on how to clone with Gimp now.

It takes practice but look at the thread below I did and I cloned out some poles and wires using gimp. There were also some hard parts to clone on the remaining poles but Gimp didn't let me down.

Post #5 shows the cloning
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/landscape-cityscape/196131-cant-decide-b-w-color.html

I also cloned some pretty big and nasty sun flares out of this one using gimp
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/landscape-cityscape/193710-rough-water-falls-sunset.html

It takes practice but look at the thread below I did and I cloned out some poles and wires using gimp. There were also some hard parts to clone on the remaining poles but Gimp didn't let me down.

Post #5 shows the cloning
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/landscape-cityscape/196131-cant-decide-b-w-color.html

I also cloned some pretty big and nasty sun flares out of this one using gimp
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/landscape-cityscape/193710-rough-water-falls-sunset.html

Thanks for the links friend, I will take a look ;)

Edit: The second one isn't working for me :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back