MD, DC, VA Meetup again

MyCameraEye said:
LOL on the din din. Next time I'll be sure to call it "GRUB" like thoes worms that eat away at your sod. Jo, it looks like it you and me Jo. I gotget where you work but if Jefferson work for you, we could meet up around that area. I am hoping for some color in the sky tonight. If we can get someone to stand really still, we can put our rigs on their head and we will not have any use for a tripod.

P.S. I hear ya on lugging around crap to make our backs stronger.

Scott

I hear that Scoob has gotten some practice with this!

JM, you had a tripod??

Scott, sure...wanna meet in front of the Air and space museum? By that funky sculpture thing on the Mall side? Say around 4:45 ish? Then we can walk down or take Metro...whatever...

jocose said:

JM, you had a tripod??

Scott, sure...wanna meet in front of the Air and space museum? By that funky sculpture thing on the Mall side? Say around 4:45 ish? Then we can walk down or take Metro...whatever...

you were afraid of standing in the middle of the street, so i had to finesse it.

Talkin 'bout the tripods...you can get a cheap mini one that works great for what you guys would need it for...I have one and it fits right in my camera bag. They're around $10.00 at Walmart. Here it is, but that HAS to be a typo. The one I got looked just like that, only different packaging, I think...and it was around $10 or $12.

Oh, and the legs extend on it, but it's not very sturdy that way...best used as a mini.

core_17 said:
Talkin 'bout the tripods...you can get a cheap mini one that works great for what you guys would need it for...I have one and it fits right in my camera bag. They're around $10.00 at Walmart. Here it is, but that HAS to be a typo. The one I got looked just like that, only different packaging, I think...and it was around $10 or $12.

Corry, go back and look at JM's pictures of me...

jocose said:

JM, you had a tripod??

Jo,

Being we will have a limited time of outdoor light, what will our distination be? If we plan to shoot Jefferson, is that the closest meeting spot? if so, that is fine thought I have walked to it before from where I work. I work at 23rd and G street SW. Also, what is the closest metro station to the Air and Space? L'Enfant Plaza? I'm not sure baout that funny scylpture you mention but I'm sure I can find it id this is what we decide.

Let me know and confirm.

Scott

hmmm...I'm not sure how long it will take. OK, how about this. Let's meet at the top of the Smithonian Metro entrance (the one on the Mall by the Castle). I think that might be the closest...but then we can walk down to the water as well. Let's say 5:30. I just don't know how long the meeting will last...probably an hour, but I'm not sure if I need to be there for the whole thing. Anyway, 5:30 should be good.

PM me your cell number...I know you emailed to me, but it's on my computer at home, and I can't get it from work.

Thanks.

jocose said:
hmmm...I'm not sure how long it will take. OK, how about this. Let's meet at the top of the Smithonian Metro entrance (the one on the Mall by the Castle). I think that might be the closest...but then we can walk down to the water as well. Let's say 5:30. I just don't know how long the meeting will last...probably an hour, but I'm not sure if I need to be there for the whole thing. Anyway, 5:30 should be good.

PM me your cell number...I know you emailed to me, but it's on my computer at home, and I can't get it from work.

Thanks.

Top of the Smithonian Metro entrance sounds perfect. I'm confused though, you said earlier 4:45 PM would be a good time. Is it now 5:30 the time? if so, we might be better off meeting on another day when we can meet easier when we have more light or plan to shoot inside somwhere. By 5:30 pm it's nearly dark. Don't get me wrong, I'm not afraid of the dark, the boogie man or JonMikal, I just dont want to have an unproductive meetup. What ya think?

MyCameraEye said:
Top of the Smithonian Metro entrance sounds perfect. I'm confused though, you said earlier 4:45 PM would be a good time. Is it now 5:30 the time? if so, we might be better off meeting on another day when we can meet easier when we have more light or plan to shoot inside somwhere. By 5:30 pm it's nearly dark. Don't get me wrong, I'm not afraid of the dark, the boogie man or JonMikal, I just dont want to have an unproductive meetup. What ya think?

You SHOULD be afraid of JonMikal! :lmao:

Either way is good for me. Yea, I now have a meeting at 4, which is really thoughtless as I'm supposed to be done at 4:30, but that's the way it works.

No worries about cancelling...I need to go grocery shopping anyway. It's all good, dude.

jocose said:
You SHOULD be afraid of JonMikal! :lmao:

Either way is good for me. Yea, I now have a meeting at 4, which is really thoughtless as I'm supposed to be done at 4:30, but that's the way it works.

No worries about cancelling...I need to go grocery shopping anyway. It's all good, dude.

Jo,

Looking at the slounds outside right now, not sure what the hell happened to the nice sunny 60° day we were supposed to have anyway. Can you split 30 minutes early tomorrow if not wanna try for tomorrow in hopes you want have a late meeting and still meet in the same place. I still plan to shoot a bit when I get out of work today at 4:00. I'll pack a fast lens with me tomorrow so darker situations will not be a problem. I'll even bring one of my TRIPODS so we can have some fun shooting Mr. Jefferson at night.

Let me know.

Scott

MyCameraEye said:
Jo,

Looking at the slounds outside right now, not sure what the hell happened to the nice sunny 60° day we were supposed to have anyway. Can you split 30 minutes early tomorrow if not wanna try for tomorrow in hopes you want have a late meeting and still meet in the same place. I still plan to shoot a bit when I get out of work today at 4:00. I'll pack a fast lens with me tomorrow so darker situations will not be a problem. I'll even bring one of my TRIPODS so we can have some fun shooting Mr. Jefferson at night.

Let me know.

Scott

Tomorrow sounds good. Also, I was walking today at lunch (I ended up having a few minutes), and walked over to the Botanical Garden, but on the way, I stopped where 395 comes out from the tunnel...I think that would be an awesome place to set up and get some streaks...but I'm sure that security will jump us...but it's worth a try.

Most reactions

Back