md's phoenix gallery

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Osmer_Toby, May 21, 2004.

1. Osmer_Toby

Osmer_Toby TPF Noob!

yo dude, i just checked out the phoenix designs gallery for the first time. md, you have some real talent! i totally dig the icicles shots- composition is excellent. i especially like the cluster of ice covered berries in that group.
    i tried to take a good doorway shot right at the end of this past winter, but your doorway shot on the gallery blows mine away (you could say you blew my door off :p )
    you also seem to have an affinity for fountains- often symbolic of knowledge and love. you do a great job with them.
    i also think the macro of the drill bit is cool- i think i might have to try something similar. my father in law is a retired contractor and has tons of old, new, and highly unusual tools, and this particular shot got me thinking about doing macros of some of them.

man, with the talent you have and the product you put up in that gallery, you have alot to be happy about- i really really hope you realize i mean this sincerely. keep your chin up, bro, and keep shootin, cause you're good. 8)

2. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I always liked the B&W of the guitar. I've yet to try one, but I wanna!!! :p

3. Osmer_Toby

Osmer_Toby TPF Noob!

ya, actually the blue macro shot down the guitar strings was pretty cool, too.

4. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

thanks toby, i havent picked up my cam in 2 months...i think im having a block.

i really appreciate the kind words bro!!

md

5. Osmer_Toby

Osmer_Toby TPF Noob!

dude, you just need to throw yourself back into it. i know i get tense as hell when i dont have the release of capturing and working with images. some kind of emotional release. anyway, i havent shot much in a month, and i was gettin real edgy. just shot again today- macro shots in my wife's flower garden. i think i'll work with them this weekend then put some up for constructive criticism. it's time to learn again... feels real good. you should just force yourself to get out there and do it. i bet if you went and shot some water, especially a moving stream, you'd feel good afterward. try to get those soft-water daylight shots again- that shot you have in the gallery is cool as hell. neutral density filter? howdya do it? anyway, i bet if you went out to get some shots similar to, but different, from that, you'd be glad you did.
    and dude, i meant every word i wrote in the initial post- you do have an eye. get the hell out there and use it.

6. drlynn

drlynn TPF Noob!

Awesome work, Matt! :thumbsup: I'd like to see some new stuff. :wink:

Sure hope you can unblock that block soon. Have you poured Drano on it?