Me featuring myself

Pax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Yesterday I've been fooling around with old rolls of videofilm (yes, rolls - real projection against white wall and all that) and started experimenting with a film-foto combination. This is the result: My hand displaying the projection of myself when I was a baby.

Memyself.jpg

A little contrast was added in PS and I framed it white and black, but other than that it's just the way it was.

I'm looking for critique regarding the artistic value of the picture. Does knowing that this the very persons hand whose baby-picture is projected give meaning to the picture? Does it 'say' something? Does it have any value as more than just a "weird pic"?

Doing experimental photography like that is completely new to me, so please tell me what you think. I thank you a lot. :D

I think you need to move the projection further into the palm of your hand away from the fingers.

Also lose the ring which is very distracting.

Without being told there's no way I would have thought the projection was of yourself and being projected onto your own hand. With a little thought you could put in a clever title to tell your audience without saying it straight out.

I think it's awesome! Very clever. Definitely lose the ring. I love the way you have your head turned so it appears to be looking at the owner of the hand, as well - great coincidence, and it's very effective.

I'd like to see the red toned down a bit too, it's a tad too much I think.

Cool job, I hope you try again! :D

Something else that I've thought of.

Is it possible to have all of your hand illuminated by the projector? I'd like to see your thumb and fingertips (without the brighter yellow bit).

BTW I didn't say before but like Terri I think it's a really cool shot and a great idea!:thumbup:

(I always forget the positive bits!:blushing: )

Very interesting concept! I think it adds meaning but you don't know it with just the photo. Title might work, or it could just be a hidden detail for people to 'stumble upon'. I always like finding or learning about those.

I like the ring, gives a perspective of being older with commitments, I also think it would be less "you" if you removed it.

I like the ring. I'd like to see it shot with the hand upright (fingers up), so the orange bit at the left of the frame can be out of the frame all together and the baby can be highlighted on the palm of the hand, nearer the wrist, that way the ring can catch the light of the projector frame without detracting from the baby image.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back