Me, my house and reindeer

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I thought it is about time I post some images again.
These are three images from my last expedition north of the arctic circle.

1 week without any villages, water from the glaciers only, almost no tracks, and what is worst .. no bridges across rivers ... in other words I was having a good time there :)

1: myself
sarek_071.jpg

2: my portable home (15 years old, and still in top conditon .. well, that is Hilleberg tents)
sarek_064.jpg

3: some of my only friends out there (reindeer) .. taken from within my tent.
sarek_127.jpg

The continuation of this series can be found here:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71683

so you were the only one who went there?!?!?!

so you were the only one who went there?!?!?!

Yes, took a helicopter from the village of Kvikkjokk to a Same summer camp north of the Sarek massif and from there I walked through the Sarek massif back to Kvikkjokk.

Just me, my 28 kg backpack, my photo gear, my boots, that's it :)

OK, you would meet people sometimes, either Same people looking after reindeer or some keen hikers.

So here is the answer that I asked you in the continuation thread. You were there all on your own. Wow. Did you start talking or singing to yourself after a while (gregorian chants or so ;) ;) ;)) ???

So here is the answer that I asked you in the continuation thread. You were there all on your own. Wow. Did you start talking or singing to yourself after a while (gregorian chants or so ;) ;) ;)) ???

no, never sing Gregorian chants.. that will scare away the reindeer and attract bears! ;)

And I actually met some people, a swedish couple I met right where number 3 was taken, we apparently had the same taste for a campsite ;) (number 3 was actually taken from within my tent).

Funny enough, I met the same couple again three days later, where we then radio-ed a Same village to send us a boat to pick us up.
There I had my first shower after over one week .. that was a cold-water outdoor shower of course ;)

If only I remembered when my dad and brother were up there ... but my brother was still a school-boy at the time and is older now, too :shock: (good to know this fact does not only apply to me).

If only I remembered when my dad and brother were up there ... but my brother was still a school-boy at the time and is older now, too :shock: (good to know this fact does not only apply to me).

well, we all get older :(

your rucksack looks almost as big as my camera bag

Boy, do you ever get around, Alex. However do you find time for work? ^_^

Looks like a great experience.

chris82:
Well, most of them are actually proper mountians, and the scenery is larger than you think ;) To just walk from the point of view to the valley furthest away easlily takes almost a whole day.

Jeremy Z:
Well, actually those 10 days were connected with a trip for work ;)

abraxas:
oh it certainly was ... hopefully I'll be back there this june

Most reactions

New Topics

Back