Me

Peanuts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brittanyesther.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Interesting title eh? ;) Well.. I decided to put aside the books and try some 'fun' photography. Needless to say, it didn't turn out quite as planned but I learnt my about my camera. Thought I would a few photos, even though none of them are anything special. If you have any hints.. please share :D
(By the way.. I just used the word "love" because I liked the "L", strange, I know)

As a self critique. this is what I woudl change --> 1. Find a plain wall 2. Take more time setting up, play with the flash more 3. Not cut off my face :blushing: 4. Start using colour for these and making 'art' as opposed to just perfecting writing the word 'love' backwards ;)

Edit: I have added some more.. please critique and add suggestions for next time.

47923154_66d3c90deb.jpg

47923151_b35b5a89da.jpg

47635184_7ab8dc3c2d.jpg

Well, since I have never ever tried anything of the kind myself, I quite like these. And I am glad to see you... the second is a nice "Arty Farty Self Portrait" :).

temp.jpg

wow, you're really beautiful! :D
Some pointers... It's really cool if you illuminate your face for a second and then write what you're going to write... Also, I personally like it when this effect is done outside in the night sky. It looks like there is no end behind you.
Just some thoughts... I've never tried this myself, but I think I will now. :D

Thank you very much for your compliment LittleMan. :wink:

I was using a flash at the very end of the expsoure, but was underexposing by 2 stops (flash wise), so perhaps next time, I will just underexpose by 1 stop. I never even thought about doing this outside, but now that you mentioned it, I think I am going to have to. Hopefully I will have time before it gets too cold.

Thanks

Most reactions

Back