Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
780-steppe-r7272.jpg

780-r7277.jpg

-

Very nice, I would like a little more color saturation

Thanks for commenting.

I really like the layers and how they create depth here.

Very nice light in these, great captures. :thumbup:

Very nice light in these, great captures. :thumbup:

Double thanks Arch, and again to you Mike. I've been trying to work the good light, and I think I've been finding it in the mornings.

Here's a few more from the last few weeks in the same area.

Set Free
680-fence-post-r7205.jpg

Yet Another Morning
780-r7394.jpg

Game Trails
792-r7023.jpg

-

Awesome stuff- "Set Free" is really cool... I like all of them!

:thumbup::thumbup: These are really well done. Great tones.
The first image looks miniature in a wierd way. Like part of a model railroad. Please dont take any offence to that, it was just a quick observation.

Awesome stuff- "Set Free" is really cool... I like all of them!

Thank you. Out of this group that's my favorite also. Sadly, it looks like I caught a piece of trash next to the rock. I was hoping it was a piece of quartz, but no such luck. I did clone it out (now it looks like a varmint hole)and had it printed 16x20. The detail is insane.

:thumbup::thumbup: These are really well done. Great tones.
The first image looks miniature in a wierd way. Like part of a model railroad. Please dont take any offence to that, it was just a quick observation.

Thanks. It was shot 135mm focal length, f32@ 8 seconds right at sunrise. For the last 2-3 years I've shot exclusively 10-20mm with my main camera. About a month or two ago I decided to change it up and try mostly long lense landscapes (with an 18-135mm). It seems to help in areas like this where the mark of man has intruded significantly. With the long focal length on this shot it seems to have produced a tilt-shift effect while compressing the distances. It's about 20 miles from the foreground to the mountain ridge in the background.

Here's a final shot for this thread- The shot above titled 'Yet Another Morning', was 135mm, f32 @ 2 sec. The following is pulled back to 20mm, f22@ 1 sec. I was leaning over a barbed wire fence while standing in a pile of tumbleweeds, with about a 15mph wind in my face. I think this shot didn't suffer as much, so I'm not entirely out of the wide angle mode yet.

Sunspot
780-r7391.jpg

-

Most reactions

Back