No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
400-trona-01.jpg

Just kidding, I'm not on Earth- The plants are fake. :lol:

I like this shot - I've tried for the same thing before and failed. :grumpy:

Anyway, good capture, DOF and composition - nice color too. :thumbup:

Oooh, nice shot. :thumbup: I love the color. The terrain does look like it's from another planet, doesn't it?

Ah, still radio'ing your pics down from Mars then, hm?
That is a nice enough planet up there.
Will you be back in time for the big Germany meet-up then? I expect you here, you know that, don't you?

I like this shot - I've tried for the same thing before and failed. :grumpy:

Anyway, good capture, DOF and composition - nice color too. :thumbup:

I tried a few things different on this shot;

Bracketing exposures (Haven't figured out auto-bracketing yet).

Shooting in RAW mode. I've found that I don't get the problems with haloing and separation in RAW as I seem to get using JPG.

and, using CS2 to build the HDR. This helped the most as well as easily producing the most realistic HDR shot.

The foreground looks very dark to me. Is that a desired effect? One of the advantages of HDR is that you can get a well exposed foreground as well.

[edit:] sorry, do not mean to be rude here :) .. just wrote the first thing which came to my mind ;)

The foreground looks very dark to me. Is that a desired effect? One of the advantages of HDR is that you can get a well exposed foreground as well.

[edit:] sorry, do not mean to be rude here :) .. just wrote the first thing which came to my mind ;)

That's not rude- that's appreciated.

I was going for a darker foreground though. Using the CS2 HDR doesn't seem to produce enough of a 3d look as I wanted. I was trying to get it by extremes in light, hopefully pulling the viewer into the photo.

I had lightened the desert holly bushes up front a bit and it went crazy looking. I'll try lightening up the front before I decide which way I'll go with it- I'm rebuilding my online gallery. Thanks, your input is appreciated and considered :). Sometimes the pre-critique-critique around the house here is light ("yeh, yeh, yeh- looks fine- leave me alone..."). I gotta grow somehow.

Wow, i really like that! :thumbup:

Thanks.

very nice... like many of your recent images, this one is inspiring me to find better light... :thumbup:

Great shot, and I wish I had that sort of view near me.

D

very nice... like many of your recent images, this one is inspiring me to find better light... :thumbup:

Thanks David and JTHPhoto; life's getting rough around here again, I gotta get out of here and try to find more of this stuff.

great shot, that is one of the best of yours I've seen

Most reactions

New Topics

Back