Medic!

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Xmetal, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Xmetal

Xmetal TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'm having camera problems!

Ok... The camera in question is a Canon Powershot S45 and has a shutter speed range from 1/1000th to 15secs. The problem i'm experiencing has me baffled and i've tried countless methods to fix it, basically when the shutter speed is faster than 1 second the pictures appear to me normal but if the shutter speed is slower than 1 second the picture appear in 'Negative' format.

Also, the picture quality is set on the highest setting possble but it's still has it's moments where the pictures appear to be very pixelated.

Please help, I butchered the last half of a car shoot today coz the camera went gah gah. :cry:

2. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

that sounds like an internal problem. you might want to send that puppy to the repair shop. or if its under warranty, try and get a new one.

m
    d

3. Xmetal

Xmetal TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I think i've fixed the problem, I switched to Super-fine mode - took a handful of snap-shots with varying shutter speeds - switched back to normal mode and now it seems to be running fine. :?

4. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

that doesnt sound too good for the next time it happens...im glad you at least ficed it for now.

md

5. Nytmair

Nytmair TPF Noob!

yeah, that never happened to my S45 in the year i used it for... i'd send it in for repairs if it comes back.

6. walter23

walter23 TPF Noob!

Can you post an example? Photos from digital point and shoot cameras can be very very noisy in low light or long exposures, that might be what you're referring to. Weird colors (often blue and red) can appear, and you get lots of pixels / spots all over the place.