Medium Format Camera

adam11364

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hello,

I need to purchase a medium format camera. I am looking for a 6x9, manual focus rangefinder with an adjustable lens. I also want to be able to put a fisheye lense on it. Does such a camera exist? Or is there anything close to that? Any info is appreciated, thanks!

-adam

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Take a look at a speed graphic and a 6X9 back. You will get movements, the ability to change lenses and though a fisheye will be problematic the effect can be done in Photoshop fairly easily. Plus you can go right into 4X5 and crop for an easy pano.

If you're going to go with a 4x5 graflex, a crown graphic would be lighter to tote around--the only difference being the lack of a focal plane shutter, which you don't need unless you're using barrel lenses.

You can find brand new "made in china" medium format backs for 4x5 on ebay which have interchangable masks for all the different medium format sizes (6x12, 6x9, 6x7, 6x6, and 6x4.5). They look like this, and cost about $170, I have one and it works great:

224.jpg

Pair one of these with one of these and you have a great setup:

3398855727_0509d5e5c6.jpg

Hello, I don't know your buget but if you are a student I can guess money is tight.
Look into the 6x9 photography oline resource: www.lallement.com.
When I was a student a photographer I worked with sold me a great interchangeable 6x9 lens rangefinder with 3 lens. Sadlly, I sold it when money got tight.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back