Medium Format in Your Pocket

smithdan

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
.....at least some info on this one said the advertising slogan went something like that. Camera is an Ensign Selfix 6-20, this model probably new around 1950 - '52. I shot a couple of rolls when I first got the camera for $3. in a junk store, '95 or so but didnt print off any from this roll. Lost most of my notes, think this was HP5 in microdol x 1:3. Exposure was whatever the Luna-Six said.

As my local supply of paper and chemistry has dried up, been amusing myself with the scanner. Liked this little folder right from the start. Pinholes starting in the bellows unfortunately.

$016.JPG$img061 - Copy.jpg$img063 - Copy.jpg$img067 - Copy.jpg

Ah nice. Looks like it is still in good shape.

I still have to take my Voigtlander Baby Bessa(s) for a spin.

Liquid Electrical Tape ... good for pinholes

Ah nice. Looks like it is still in good shape.

I still have to take my Voigtlander Baby Bessa(s) for a spin.

Liquid Electrical Tape ... good for pinholes

New one on me dxq, where would one get this. I have at least three or four old crocks that are developing leaks.

Hope you test drive the Bessa. I have it's little cousin Vito II

Some lovely work there! :) I sure hope this trick works on the bellows; it would be a shame to retire this camera. The other option would be to replace the bellows, which might run you into some money. Have you tried getting chemistry shipped to your location from someplace like Freestyle or B&H?

I use black Plasti-Dip to repair pinholes. Thinned with naptha if necessary. I also paint it on frayed corners.

Thank-you terri. Stopping by Henry's on my way thru Halifax this weekend and will ask them if they ship chemistry and hopefully stock up while there.

Thanks compur. I'll try that too

Thank-you terri. Stopping by Henry's on my way thru Halifax this weekend and will ask them if they ship chemistry and hopefully stock up while there.
Do you have far to that store in Halifax ? Henry's can get anything you order to that store without the shipping costs.
Nice picture. I don't think taken in New Brunswick ?

Last edited:
Halifax about 4 hrs by car. Driving to Digby so will pester the guys in Henry's about stock and mail order this weekend. Store in Moncton (Ivan's) has a small stock of film stuff but will probably go out of it in the future.

Photos are of Kananaskis Country Alberta taken last week Nov probably '94. Used to be my "back Yard". Moved here '09.

Winter Comes to the Highwood.$img062copy.jpg

Photos are of Kananaskis Country Alberta taken last week Nov probably '94. Used to be my "back Yard". Moved here '09.
Big move. Rockies always provide dramatic landscape for the camera lenses, but I am sure that you will find interesting places in Maritimes to.

Nice shots. Imagine that... No LED's, dials, displays, compensators or zooms. This is from a time when it was still "photography", not computer wizardry.
It reminds me a lot of my very first "real" camera. The Ansco Viking 4.5. I was probably about 12 or 13 when my dad gave it to me along with one of his old Weston meters.
Here's the Ansco Viking..

Last edited:
There is also Beau Photo that will ship chemicals, they are in Vancover. I know that's not close to NB, but they were one of the few places I found that would ship chemicals in Canada. They also stock the Artista kits for C41 and E6. Freestyle will not ship them out of country, from what I remember.

Nice shots. Imagine that... No LED's, dials, displays, compensators or zooms. This is from a time when it was still "photography", not computer wizardry.
I have to remember this phrase. Yes, wizard was the photographer.

There is also Beau Photo that will ship chemicals, they are in Vancover. I know that's not close to NB, but they were one of the few places I found that would ship chemicals in Canada. They also stock the Artista kits for C41 and E6. Freestyle will not ship them out of country, from what I remember.

Also try either the Photographer's Formulary in Condon, MT or Bostick & Sullivan - Supplies For Platinum, Palladium and Alternative Photographic Processes Both, I believe will ship anywhere.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back