Marilyn.jpg

Marilyn2.jpg

Marilyn3.jpg

Marilyn4.jpg

Marilyn5.jpg

Marilyn6.jpg

Marilyn7.jpg

Marilyn8.jpg

Does that stand for "work friendly" or "wife friendly"? ;)

They're good shots, but I think the thing that's lacking most is flattering poses. Some are good, but some are unflattering with the angles of the shoulders, twist of the wast, that sorta thing.

The model looks a lot happier in the denim shots too, i think that helps. The poor girl is probably a little self consious making the poses a little stiff. Perhaps it would be a help if you took a big box of chocolates next time to keep the chill off? All of them nicely done though, must be very nice to take some studio shots.

tim

I'm not the right person on here to ever say anything about studio photography at all, but what strikes me in these is that her leg skin looks like she is freezing - and that little aspect distracts me to the max, I'm afraid.

(And apart from all that I really wonder what a photographer must do/ can do to "defrost" his model, not only so that her legs don't show "roadmaps", but also so she moves and smiles and laughs freely? I would be ever so self-conscious!)

This model is brand new at modeling, and it shows at times.

She's a bit stiff b/c I had to keep reminding her to keep her chin down, and her elbows from pointing straight at the camera. She also kept creeping all over the back drop, and out of the light.

She wasn't self concious at all with her body, believe me. I've got some shots that I don't feel comfortable showing anyone at all! And I'm not sure why she was so mottled on her legs, it was pretty warm in the studio, esp. with the lights on.

Anyway, I wasn't nearly as excited about these shots as I was with the other model, Ally. She's much more experienced.

is this your first tfp? im not saying it looks like it (at all!) but i just hadnt ever remembered you doing this type of stuff, or even having all those lights! makes me jealous :).

i think a little bit of touching up would help these alot, personally. and i'll agree that the denim shots seem to be better.

thebeginning said:
is this your first tfp? im not saying it looks like it (at all!) but i just hadnt ever remembered you doing this type of stuff, or even having all those lights! makes me jealous :).

i think a little bit of touching up would help these alot, personally. and i'll agree that the denim shots seem to be better.

Yah, it was my first try at this kind of stuff. It was fun, may have to try it again. :)

The last two are solid body shots, but I would do some work in levels and also try to get rid of that red in her legs (I agree she looks freezing). Also, do some "healing" touches around the eye area to get rid of those harsh eye makeup lines.....really soften them up, as well as the hard facial lines under her lower lip. You are off to the right start, and you have to work with what you have, but I think these could end up really good.

i'm with elsaspet on the make up...may not be a good photographer, but believe me, i would kill to re-do her makeup....thinking that with the tones, and it would be so much better....

your photography is great... i think you need a dark haired model.... ;) ( giggle giggle..)

actually, against white, a darker haired model would look killer...and if you could have done this chick against black or dark blue-ish purple....killer...

i think you did well mountainlander... now comes the playing with different stuff..out side with a blonde is good...( make up your own jokes..)

oh, and all this is in my opinion..which means, better ask someone else...!!! :lol:

Most reactions

Back